VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Need Upper body Dimensions for my 67 Econo!

autoshopchic
    autoshopchic

Number of posts : 22
    Registration date : 2011-12-20

Need Upper body Dimensions for my 67 Econo! Empty Need Upper body Dimensions for my 67 Econo!

Post by autoshopchic Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:02 pm

I have my 67 Econo Van in the Body shop replacing the left outer upper panel, Left rear corner & Left lower panel.  I am in need of the Upper Body Dimensions to square the van box. I have the Frame dimensions but cant find the Upper Body ones.  Please let me know if you can help me, I'm in a real pinch!

Thank you,
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Need Upper body Dimensions for my 67 Econo! Empty Re: Need Upper body Dimensions for my 67 Econo!

Post by EconoUSAparts Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:20 pm

Did you remove all the ribs? If not the panels should be easy to line back up. I have no idea what the dimensions are but can't see where you would need them.
    autoshopchic
    autoshopchic

Need Upper body Dimensions for my 67 Econo! Empty Re: Need Upper body Dimensions for my 67 Econo!

Post by autoshopchic Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:34 pm

The last rib before the corner panel is twisted up and in but, the real problem is that the roof is up on the left corner & the rear door opening is way off square. The opening is on a diamond. We have an idea where it needs to be but, I would really like it to be on the money. I'm a little OCD.

Thank you,
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:50 pm

Got ya Nikki. I didn't realize there was additional damage like you describe. You definitely want it to line up correctly.
    autoshopchic
    autoshopchic

Post by autoshopchic Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:53 pm

Tim,

Have you every seen Upper Body Dimensions on econo's? or am I chasing a Ghost?

Thank you,
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:05 pm

I've seen several schematics but never paid that close of attention as to exactly what they showed.
    66ThunderVan
    66ThunderVan

Number of posts : 384
    Registration date : 2012-01-08

Post by 66ThunderVan Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:57 pm

I've been working on E100s since 1970 and I have never seen any upper dimensions. I've always used the doors and windshield to get things to line up. I mount the front doors and tack the pieces where the gaps line up and set the windshield in the opening without the seal but using 3/8 plastic tubing to raise and protect the glass. 2 by 4s and a bottle jack work well to push the pieces around and a come along works well for pulling. This may not be the best but it has worked for me. So to answer your question, yes, you may be chasing a ghost. Best of luck with your repairs.
    Randall711
    Randall711

Number of posts : 63
    Registration date : 2013-07-29

Post by Randall711 Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:26 am

The beauty behind this is you can make everything fit proper if you move everything to where it lines up. If there are no dimensions make your own refrence points and adjust accordingly and fit everything over and over and if needed weld in braces to hold sections of the body until it's all intact
    Randall711
    Randall711

Number of posts : 63
    Registration date : 2013-07-29

Post by Randall711 Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:28 am

Did you buy panels? Or did they Fab them?
    autoshopchic
    autoshopchic

Post by autoshopchic Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:04 am

Randall,

I NOS ford panels, I run a body shop & my guys do excellant work I have no dought that my guy can get it wright but, My OCD is getting the best of me wright now....I think I'm just going to have to let go & give him the OK Get er Done!

Thanks,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 6:48 pm