VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+3
G-Man
ndjarrett
Cdcracing
7 posters

Bed liner ?

Cdcracing
    Cdcracing

Number of posts : 245
    Registration date : 2013-01-29

Bed liner ?  Empty Bed liner ?

Post by Cdcracing Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:38 am

Just seeing to see if you would spray bed liner in the bed of your van ? I was thinking of doing that but I seen some talk on a econo truck that was for sale and some didn't like it . The bed of my van was used a lot . Lot of dents and it's rough . No rust . Trying to decide to replace bed or spray a liner . What's your thoughts. ?
    ndjarrett
    ndjarrett

Number of posts : 357
    Registration date : 2011-05-01

Bed liner ?  Empty Re: Bed liner ?

Post by ndjarrett Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:17 am

Personally, I am going to coat my whole floor with it.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:05 am

I have heard good and bad, mostly good.
    Cdcracing
    Cdcracing

Post by Cdcracing Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:41 am

I heard some guys say that people are trying to hide something . Also heard some people say it is frowned upon . My bed is just a little beat up . Not hiding any rust or cancer . Plus I think it might help on the noise and I thought it might make it look better . Thanks for the replies.
    Cdcracing
    Cdcracing

Post by Cdcracing Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:43 am

ndjarrett wrote:Personally, I am going to coat my whole floor with it.
    That's what I was thinking about .
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:04 am

Myself= NO! = only if i was going to haul stuff in the bed! I do love a clean painted bed in my trucks.
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Post by Joe Van Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:13 pm

MY Van's floor was done before it was painted from front to back except the wheel wells and I love it.. There is no road noise helps with the heat and cleans up easy also and all the seams are sealed..... I will do my next VAN that way also (A Sports Van) Just make sure all the repair work is done before you spray it on..(Or Roll It On) I would recommend it on any Van before putting any kind of flooring in first ... Smile ..IT really Does make a Big difference...
    Cdcracing
    Cdcracing

Post by Cdcracing Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:21 pm

Thanks joe van
    Barnabas
    Barnabas
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2011
    Registration date : 2011-01-16

Post by Barnabas Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:35 pm

There was a van for sale recently with a custom paint job that most of us did not like, and the entire outside was done with bed liner. It would be quite a task to scrape it off to repaint.

Bed liner on the floor and even up the walls to the top of the wheel tubs is fine with me.
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Post by Joe Van Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:06 am

Barnabas wrote:There was a van for sale recently with a custom paint job that most of us did not like, and the entire outside was done with bed liner.  It would be quite a task to scrape it off to repaint.

Bed liner on the floor and even up the walls to the top of the wheel tubs is fine with me.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  ............You are right Barnabas when you see undercoating  or bed liner on the outside of a vehical its usually to cover up poorly done body work and its a Bit&# to get off...... But Just My Opinion I would save the bedliner for the Floors Only it would work great on the walls also BUT if you ever have to do any body work or welding down the road you are takeing a chance of a fire just like the spray foam once its dryed it there for good..!!!.. Smile ..
    Cdcracing
    Cdcracing

Post by Cdcracing Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:03 pm

Yea I'm planning on just doing the floors . I'm going to take pictures of the floor before I get it done just incase I ever sell it so I can show that I'm not hiding anything . Also not planning on selling it . I figure when I ever get it done Ill have about 15,000 in it . Also just had new cragar ss wheels and white letter tires put on yesterday . I'm working out of town haven't seen them yet . Can't wait .
    twinlinemoto
    twinlinemoto

Number of posts : 77
    Registration date : 2013-01-02

Post by twinlinemoto Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:31 pm

My bed is Rhino-lined, its amazing. It was done maybe 5 years before I got my truck, and Ive had it for almost 10 years and is not peeling or worn through. Highly recommended if you use your truck bed a lot! My only drawback with it so far is that there were no drain holes put in, so if you park on any sort of decline you will fill the bed with a lot of water/snow/ice. Also there is a ring of mold from this that I have not yet gotten around to cleaning.. pretty minor.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:42 am