VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

econo pickup sold at Barrett Jackson

dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

econo pickup  sold at Barrett Jackson Empty econo pickup sold at Barrett Jackson

Post by dix Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:53 pm

Catimann
    Catimann

Number of posts : 43
    Registration date : 2014-01-23

econo pickup  sold at Barrett Jackson Empty Re: econo pickup sold at Barrett Jackson

Post by Catimann Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:38 pm

I think this price is too high but then is is Barrett J auction and that is where the money flows at times.
    But if you take a good example that needs a resto then how much are you going to pay to get it back to this condition.  Lets say no rust holes, a good body with a few dings Arizona type that needs all the rubber, engine rebuild, trans rebuild, and the rest all the way round.  New paint in and out, redo the seats etc. gauges.

Opinions?

BTW this was that Barrett J van (just in case the web site page is gone):
    econo pickup  sold at Barrett Jackson <a href=econo pickup  sold at Barrett Jackson BarrettJVan_zps1ba74e0c" />
    busman78
    busman78

Number of posts : 483
    Registration date : 2012-07-11

econo pickup  sold at Barrett Jackson Empty Re: econo pickup sold at Barrett Jackson

Post by busman78 Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:23 am

If a person did all the work themselves they would get it all done for less, if the majority of the work was farmed out or contracted for the whole job then $25K would be the low cost, just getting the engine cover stitched in leather cost at least a grand. That is a clean Econo, has a lot of work with nice detail done. Granted for my wallet it is a no-no, but if I wanted one and had the money it would be one to consider.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:42 am