VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

maybe econo =yet =?? power steering??

Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

maybe econo =yet =??  power steering?? Empty maybe econo =yet =?? power steering??

Post by Twinpilot001 Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:37 am

Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

maybe econo =yet =??  power steering?? Empty Re: maybe econo =yet =?? power steering??

Post by Joe Van Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:29 am

That would be nice!!!!!!!!!!!!  My 62 Chevy belair had a factory ram assist power steering on it. The steering box is the same one power steering or non power steering .. It would not be too hard to convert it over for a van since there is no lines running to the steering box someone just would have to modify the center link for the ram and assist valve and the pump and brackets would be bolt on.!!!! ......................... (I have plans on the back burner for mine)!!!!!........
    Vannin Ken
    Vannin Ken

Number of posts : 292
    Registration date : 2012-12-29

maybe econo =yet =??  power steering?? Empty Re: maybe econo =yet =?? power steering??

Post by Vannin Ken Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:20 pm

That's cool it has a remote reservior for the pump plus ram assist. Wonder what it came from? I'm thinking one of the first power steering set ups for a straight axle was from a 57 -60 Ford trucks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:31 pm