VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

Front Axle Questions

Front Axle Questions Empty Front Axle Questions

Post by Guest Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:09 pm

Hello all. Say I was wanting to see if anyone could tell me if there was an A frame front end on any of the earlies or if they were all straight axles? I am trying to find me a 108 but I was hoping for a IFS with power steering. Maybe these were not options but it would be great to have them in my case. Also I am not finding any thread that mentions what kind of mileage you guys are getting and set ups to get there. I would like to re-power my van with a tune port but have not even ruled out a Isuzu turbo diesel. I want a road warrior that will not need to be parked when we get back to $4.00 gasoline.
    By the way, I really like the board you have here. Thanks in advance for any response.

Fifty ways,
    Wayne
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Front Axle Questions Empty Re: Front Axle Questions

Post by Vanish Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:48 pm

Wayne ..... WELCOME IN !!!!! Sorry To have To say This But all the Early's have strait axles Front end with Unibody and Leaf springs !!!!! as for Mileage .... You Know .... every One Has Got there Own story There !!!! I used to get about 32 Mpg.... NOT ..... JUST KIDDING !!!!! AGAIN WELCOME IN .........

Post by Guest Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:03 pm

Thanks. So what year did they make the changes?

Post by Guest Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:07 pm

I don't expect to get that kind of mileage but I do think it is reasonable to have concerns. Most of the old pickups I have had over the years pulled in a range of 10 to 17 and I want to do better than that even if I am driving a wall down the road.
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:17 pm

Thanks. So what year did they make the changes?

I think 71 and up !!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:13 am