VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+10
Twinpilot001
jrinaman
mikeysly
61econoline
dix
RipVanArkie
Joe Van
RodStRace
G-Man
HandiVanMan
14 posters

Re Evaluating Life

HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Number of posts : 1868
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

Re Evaluating Life Empty Re Evaluating Life

Post by HandiVanMan Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:09 pm

I am going to take a break from my vans and Re Evaluate thing's in my life. I have lost a brother and a sister in the last 6 months to complications of Diabetes & have been in a deep depression ever since. My brother that just passed away a few months ago got me into Vanning & it is getting harder as each day passes by for me to drive them without thinking of him. I will miss all of you guys & all of y'all will be in my thoughts & prayers. Good luck with y'alls vans & project's & God Bless You All
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Re Evaluating Life Empty Re: Re Evaluating Life

Post by G-Man Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:36 pm

Handi take all the time you need, sorry to hear about your lost. My prayers will be with you
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:00 pm

Reflection and reevaluation means you are aware that your current situation may not be the best for you. That's a GOOD thing. Too many people trudge the same path without pausing to consider WHY and what other options are out there.
    I hope you find peace and solace, and renewed joy and wonder in life.
    Read a good book, try new foods, search out new experiences.
    Often you will find an old comfort is worth returning to, but if your journey leads away from vannin, remember the friends, experiences and values it taught and that made you what you are today.
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Post by Joe Van Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:42 am

HandivanMan you take all the time and rest you need you will be in our prayers I have always used my Van a my safe place to get away and sort things out I also got my brother into vanning and if something happened to him or me I would want him to keep Vanning going strong you have a lot of friends here and will give you the support you need to stay strong.!!!!!!!!   My wife is the youngest of 8 kids and in the past year and a half she has lost her two brother's a sister her uncle and in march her Father... Her mother passed away 15 years ago and she has no family left except two sisters in Purto Rico besides her fathers funeral has not seen them since she was 7 years old.!!!!!!!!   My wife has also fallen into great depression also and its all I can do to keep her spirits up its very very difficult but if it was not for our Vanning friends I don't know what would of happened Please try to use your van as a place to get away and relax I am sure your family and brother would want it that way to keep doing what you enjoy in life take care and if you need anything PM me.............................JOE VAN and CVAN.... if you need someone to talk to remember Vanners are your family also.Smile

Last edited by JOE VAN on Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    RipVanArkie
    RipVanArkie

Number of posts : 987
    Registration date : 2008-05-13

Post by RipVanArkie Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:09 am

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Handi. I too had to step back for a while (two years) and am just back, so glad to see all my vannin family still here and going strong. It was a few members of this family that kept me going offline until I was ready to come back.

2013 MidSouth Econoline Meet
    Host of the MidSouth Econoline Meet, Petit Jean State Park, AR
    1967 Econoline Pickup
    1966 Econoline Supervan
    1967 Econoline 8-door regular van
    1965 ChevyVan, Cargo, 250/3speed

1964 Econoline 8-door Window Van, 4spd
    1966 Falcon SuperVan, Automatic
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:47 pm

Hope every thing works out for you. Hpe to see you here again soon.

Number of posts : 1868
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

Post by HandiVanMan Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:29 pm

Thanks for all of the kind words Guy's. It really means a lot to me & I do consider y'all family. I to have Diabetes & it has really gotten me down in the last couple of years. I went almost totally blind for a couple of weeks several months ago & I could just barely see. It was a real scary experience for me cause I am a truck driver & need to see where I am going. I am still having a tad bit of vision problems but I feel like it's getting better. I haven't decided if I am gonna get rid of my 2nd Gens but I have 2 1st Gen Chevy parts vans that I am going to sell for sure. I also have a few thing's that I bought for my vans that I will be selling. I will offer them to members here 1st then if no takers I will list them on CL & eBay . It might be a few days because I have stuff that I have bought scattered. I got broke it a few months ago & haven't really survey the loss but I hope that they didn't get any of my van stuff. Good luck to you all & enjoy Vanning!
    61econoline
    61econoline

Number of posts : 655
    Registration date : 2009-04-16

Post by 61econoline Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:53 pm

Hope you find the peace and happiness you are looking for. Mick
    mikeysly
    mikeysly

Number of posts : 284
    Registration date : 2012-05-29

Post by mikeysly Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:32 am

You never know how you figure in peoples' lives even just in casual daily passing but i for one have appreciated you and your contribution. Thanks for everything!
    jrinaman
    jrinaman

Number of posts : 890
    Registration date : 2011-03-10

Post by jrinaman Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:10 pm

sorry for your loss. as we age, most of us have issues, some more than others. i spent most of my life running my bussiness, building my house and raising my family. not much time for myself. i dont really regret much of it, but my prioritys are much different today. i enjoy working on the van and that is my time. not always first on the list, but it sure isnt last anymore. in the end, its just an old van, but the pleasure i get and the friends i meet are much more. only you know what your prioritys are, dont let anyone change that. as far as the van reminding you of your brother, that is a good thing. but rather than focus on losing him, cheerish memories of all the good times. maybe its not easy now, but regardless of how long he lived, be happy for all the good times. park it for a while, but dont sell it. we will be here if you come back, and if you dont come back, do what YOU want with the rest of your life. you only get one and none of us know when its over. maybe a roadtrip in the van and a trip down memory lane would help?
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:20 pm

Wll All=Ill just get on my soap box here a while - 65 now & having type 2 diabetes for about 15 years -finally decided to do the insulin & man!! Im happy i did that!! I was divorced & out of the auto s & classic cars & boats many years too. I finally made a lifes decision to do what i wanted & what was as I felt ="Best For me"! am also raising a daughter late in life thats now almost 16 ! Im back into the vans & cars & boats now, and my "New Lady" Has just arrived now as all the Immigration is now approved & over! We =will have a wedding in early dec -coming too. I know this from great experiences in many years in life =we must do what each one of us must do in life that makes us happy =what we do so enjoy!! Thats absolutely =the best medicine for longevity & better health too. I know from my views= there is nothing better than a hobby I enjoy, some graet foods & a younger firm feeling woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ill add in closing -Cold Beer too!! Do what makes u happy !! Happy Vannin to all!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gothboy
    Gothboy

Number of posts : 714
    Registration date : 2012-07-02

Post by Gothboy Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:28 am

Hey man, No matter what remember that the family you have made here will always be welcoming of you should you ever decide to return. Everyone needs time to rediscover what they need out of life, so take it easy man, and I hope things go well!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1731
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

Post by Admin Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:25 pm

Re Evaluating Life Dog_tine_mw
    Wheelie
    Wheelie

Number of posts : 322
    Registration date : 2013-02-22

Post by Wheelie Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:55 pm

Keep your head up. Im sure your family would want you to continue on the things that make you happy and not let the loss of them squash you. Happiness is a choice and it is difficult to maintain. Sadness and depression is easy to come by unfortunately. Keep busy and stay positive life is short!
    ditdater
    ditdater

Number of posts : 590
    Registration date : 2010-11-06

Re Evaluating Life Empty May God Bless

Post by ditdater Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:36 pm

In times I/ve been deeply depressed, no matter what the issues are ,I have found putting MOST ALL of my attention possible to reading His Word, and finding other people needing help and try to focus on encouraging them , and then The Lord finds ways to bless us. .
    HIM FIRST, others second , then we will be blessed .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:32 am