VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

anyone used dynamat to insulate the doghouse?

george at grooms
    george at grooms

Number of posts : 14
    Registration date : 2012-06-13

anyone used dynamat to insulate the doghouse? Empty anyone used dynamat to insulate the doghouse?

Post by george at grooms Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:09 pm

I know dynamat is exspensive but the guy I'm building it for wants it really quiet. Rolling Eyes
    Donn
    Donn

Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

anyone used dynamat to insulate the doghouse? Empty Re: anyone used dynamat to insulate the doghouse?

Post by Donn Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:37 pm

It works good with both noise and heat.
    busman78
    busman78

Number of posts : 483
    Registration date : 2012-07-11

anyone used dynamat to insulate the doghouse? Empty Re: anyone used dynamat to insulate the doghouse?

Post by busman78 Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:11 pm

So does Thermo Tec Cool-it, if you got to have Dynamat then pick up a roll of the same stuff from a roofing supply place, has the same base material and foil layer at about 1/3rd the cost.
    millwright71
    millwright71

Number of posts : 531
    Registration date : 2012-05-28

Post by millwright71 Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:48 pm

I used some stuff called peel & seal from Lowe's. It works really well, quieted right down and the heat is near nothing. I have put about 1500 miles on the van since installation, works great. Took two rolls at a cost of about $30.
    george at grooms
    george at grooms

Number of posts : 14
    Registration date : 2012-06-13

Post by george at grooms Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:44 am

sweet thanks
    slowflapper
    slowflapper

Number of posts : 956
    Registration date : 2010-07-29

Post by slowflapper Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:38 am

Quietride.com sells dog house kits that have both insulation and sound deadening materials.

I used a similar kit from a third party and it worked very well, cost about $125 for the kit, pm me for the guys phone number/email address if you want to look into it.

Here's a panel after having been redone:

anyone used dynamat to insulate the doghouse? IMG00436-20100314-1248

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:22 am