VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

stock type wider wheels

Walker
    Walker

Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2010-03-13

stock type wider wheels Empty stock type wider wheels

Post by Walker Tue May 14, 2013 12:16 pm

Does anyone know who sells stock type steel rims. I am looking for 15X7, I have 15X5.5 that I am not using because I went to 14, I could not get it in my garage, since I did some mods I have about 3 inches now so I want to go to a wider 15. I am going stock because I like the trim ring baby moon look.

Doug Vandewalker
    Gothboy
    Gothboy

Number of posts : 714
    Registration date : 2012-07-02

stock type wider wheels Empty Re: stock type wider wheels

Post by Gothboy Wed May 15, 2013 5:51 am

See if you can find a "hub cap shop" around your area. The one by me stocks and makes custom steel wheels. cheap too!
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Wed May 15, 2013 6:55 am

There have been many wheel questions here. Do a search on "Wheels" in this section.
    There are a few places that sell new wheels, but they are usually not the exact same centers as the vans. The vans have an "early" style which work with the stock hubcaps. The more common and reproduced later style (1969-1970 and up) that were the first 15X7 had a different center that take a different hub cap. They made another style in the mid 70s too.

Here's a thread on the later stuff.
    http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=42379.0

which has this link in it
    http://www.classicchambered.com/classic/wheels.html
    That should show you the differences
    Note that they mention the 2 different size hub caps. The early style like our vans NEVER came with 15X7. There just weren't any tires that size until the late 60s.

Note that the early ones are highly prized by the nostalgia and super stock racers for the correct look and you will be in competition with guys that have big money!
    Also, the 69-71 date coded 15" steel wheels are also sought by the muscle car restorers. 1969 "H" code wheels can go for 500 each and up! They were on the 68.5 six pack "M" code and hemi cars.
    There are a couple new makers, but you have to be very careful about the wheels working with your hubcaps again. They are often a strange size, requiring you to buy their caps that don't look the same. Wheel Vintiques, Stockton, and others. Some have good reps, some have had issues over the years. RESEARCH before you buy!

Post by Guest Wed May 15, 2013 7:24 am

I'm looking for 2 stock 15X5.5 rims. Will you part with them?

Also, do you have the "dog dish" hub caps to fit them?
    Walker
    Walker

Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2010-03-13

Post by Walker Wed May 15, 2013 12:49 pm

thanks for the info guys. clarendon you can have 2 just pay shipping from illinois. the tires were taken off last month, still had air, they will need to be blasted. email me and I can send pix. dlv342@ameritech.net .
    sorry but no caps

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:37 am