VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+9
JariV
westcoastvanner
G-Man
campin'fool 2
Big W
dix
Wheelie
Vanish
vanny
13 posters

New A-108 owner! It has potential. Really straight body. But a very interesting set up. Gonna need your help guys!

New A-108 owner! It has potential. Really straight body. But a very interesting set up. Gonna need your help guys! Empty New A-108 owner! It has potential. Really straight body. But a very interesting set up. Gonna need your help guys!

Post by Guest Wed May 08, 2013 4:36 pm

I will post pictures of her soon. It is half window(door side) and half panel drivers side. It has plexy glass rear windows and guess I should start there.Does anyone have any rear door windows? Preferable the Louverez ones?
    I have been reading your forum and LOVE it! hopefully with the your help we can put her back on the road and save another one! Greatly appreciated. - Tony
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

New A-108 owner! It has potential. Really straight body. But a very interesting set up. Gonna need your help guys! Empty Re: New A-108 owner! It has potential. Really straight body. But a very interesting set up. Gonna need your help guys!

Post by vanny Wed May 08, 2013 5:03 pm

Welcome Tony! If you've been reading this forum, you know just how helpful this group can be. So, you've got a display van, half-panel, half-window. I'm sure someone might be able to help you out with your windows and there are also some Dodge links for other stuff. Here's a couple of links: http://www.vintage-vans.com/dodge_parts_links.html Panels:
    http://www.rustrepair.com/PANELS/DODGE-64-VAN-BODY-PANELS-REPAIR.HTM
    Vendors: http://www.vintage-vans.com/dodge-vendors.html

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow

New A-108 owner! It has potential. Really straight body. But a very interesting set up. Gonna need your help guys! Empty Re: New A-108 owner! It has potential. Really straight body. But a very interesting set up. Gonna need your help guys!

Post by Guest Wed May 08, 2013 5:14 pm

Thanks. It seems really complete. Except a few things. Are these vans weird or is this normal? by the way it is an 1967 automatic with the 318 V-8, if anyone cares...
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Wed May 08, 2013 5:19 pm

Tony ... Welcome in !!!!!! Cant wait to see some Pic's ...

Wheelie
    Wheelie

Number of posts : 322
    Registration date : 2013-02-22

Post by Wheelie Wed May 08, 2013 5:35 pm

Welcome!

Post by Guest Wed May 08, 2013 5:41 pm

Thank you! any inputs on the rims? what to stay clear of? whats the best rim size? 15, 14? wanna put the five spoke mags. Should they be staggered front to back? Going surf style. Any input will be GREATLY appreciated!
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Wed May 08, 2013 5:59 pm

welcome to v.v. not sure how to respond to weird??? or normal
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Wed May 08, 2013 6:14 pm

Welcome to VV Tony.
    campin'fool 2
    campin'fool 2

Number of posts : 252
    Registration date : 2013-02-02

Post by campin'fool 2 Wed May 08, 2013 6:16 pm

Welcome to V-V Tony!! Looking forward to some pictures it sounds like a cool van you have there. Display vans are cool.
    As for the wheels, that depends on what your plans are for the van.
    Again, welcome!

Joel

Post by Guest Wed May 08, 2013 6:27 pm

I was going to do the original teal color on the bottom third and white on the top two thirds. And on the panel side hopefully do a artist miral on the panel side. Something beachy and cool. I wanna drop the front a bit and am looking for advice on the best rim and tire choices.... very much sufer style. Very chill.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Wed May 08, 2013 7:05 pm

Welcome!!!
    westcoastvanner
    westcoastvanner

Number of posts : 1686
    Registration date : 2008-10-04

Post by westcoastvanner Wed May 08, 2013 9:10 pm

Welcome!!
    JariV
    JariV

Number of posts : 117
    Registration date : 2013-04-25

Post by JariV Wed May 08, 2013 10:14 pm

Welcome.

I'd leave 14" alone and put 15" wheels. Do you plan to have close to normal ride height or do you have plans to lower it?

Post by Guest Thu May 09, 2013 7:49 am

I was thinking of a slight slant leaning forward. I was wondering if I could get that with the tire choices alone or do I need the adjust the suspension? Also want the keep the back rims a bit wider than the front. After looking at all these really cool vans on this site. Just wondering if there are certain things to beware of.
    Gothboy
    Gothboy

Number of posts : 714
    Registration date : 2012-07-02

Post by Gothboy Thu May 09, 2013 8:17 am

Welcome Vannin brother! Yoo are going to be looking for a while for those windows you want. I have been looking for the same ones for some time now with no luck. You might find pop out open windows easier, but who knows. As far as for "rakeing" your van slanting it forward as you say, that can all be done with tire work. I run a 31-10.50 r15 in the rear, which would look great on a 7-8 inch rim. and you can run a smaller front which will give you that rake youre looking for. Maybe a 225 (or 215) 75 r15? you'll have to play around and see. Smile

Certain things to be aware of? Dont drive it like its a new civic and you'll be fine. If you drive it like its got 50 year old drum brakes you'll be fine. Because it does!
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Thu May 09, 2013 4:39 pm

Welcome!
    You can do the 'rubber rake' to get the look, but you can't rotate then. Staggered widths do the same thing.
    As for "the surfer look", you gotta explain more. A real bare bones beater that just gets you, your buds and your boards down to the sand, a nice coastal cruiser with some style or a full-on themed van with money any true surfer would rather spend on another board or tix to HI?
    dodge man
    dodge man

Number of posts : 2036
    Registration date : 2012-08-08

Post by dodge man Thu May 09, 2013 5:13 pm

welcome to vv tony,,
    millwright71
    millwright71

Number of posts : 531
    Registration date : 2012-05-28

New A-108 owner! It has potential. Really straight body. But a very interesting set up. Gonna need your help guys! Empty A108

Post by millwright71 Thu May 09, 2013 6:12 pm

Welcome to VV. I am running 295-50-15 tires in the rear with 225-70-15 tires in the front. They don't stick out in the rear as much as my Chevy, but I had to install 2" lift blocks for them to clear. I kinda like the "rake"
    New A-108 owner! It has potential. Really straight body. But a very interesting set up. Gonna need your help guys! 101510

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:29 pm