VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+3
Leftcoast65
vanny
donivan65
7 posters

Please help....what bushings or part # for 68 G handi van leaf springs

Please help....what bushings or part # for 68 G handi van leaf springs Empty Please help....what bushings or part # for 68 G handi van leaf springs

Post by Guest Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:07 pm

Hello, all
    I have looked @ Jegs and Summit for these leaf spring bushings and not sure which ones will fit, any help with part #'s or where to get the correct ones would be great help. Sorry to just jump in and ask for help as my first post.
    Im in Illinos and me and my bother are tring to restore this 1968 GMC pannel van, we also have a 67 Chevy c10 which we have taken a part and will be selling parts from. thanks for any help u might have with the bushings Wink
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Please help....what bushings or part # for 68 G handi van leaf springs Empty Re: Please help....what bushings or part # for 68 G handi van leaf springs

Post by donivan65 Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:36 pm

You probably need 3 different sets of bushings so check the sizes on yours,,,,,,these are for the front end of the springs,,,,they replace the metal cartridges,,,,,,now the ones on the shackles, HB 930 come from another place,,,,,,so lets talk about this stuff.......

Please help....what bushings or part # for 68 G handi van leaf springs North_10

Please help....what bushings or part # for 68 G handi van leaf springs Empty Thanks

Post by Guest Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:10 pm

thanks for the help
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Please help....what bushings or part # for 68 G handi van leaf springs Empty Re: Please help....what bushings or part # for 68 G handi van leaf springs

Post by donivan65 Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:30 pm

Here is where we get the HB 930 shackle bushings,,,,,where in Illinois are you?

Please help....what bushings or part # for 68 G handi van leaf springs Hb_93010
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:34 pm

And if you call National Spring and talk to Ben, tell him that you want Don's North Carolina bushing kit for your Chevy Van,,,,,,,,I put this kit together to make it easier to order the 1967-70 Chevy/GMC bushings.....
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:57 pm

OK, I'll bite...how did it come to be known as Don's North Carolina bushing kit? Does Ben know it as that or do you just ask for the parts you show in the pic?

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:17 pm

It is really hard to explain all those parts, so after awhile, I just told Ben, if they ask for Don's North Carolina Chevy Van Bushing Kit, sell them this stuff. I called it the North Carolina because my buddy AJ in North Carolina wanted bushings and this made it simple,,,,and other 2nd Genners have bought it,,,,,but make sure you have the 3" stock springs and those bushings look like they fit, because you never know what has been changed. And just in case Ben forgets the plan, or someone else is there, you need 4 #2073 and # 2056 bushings and 5 #2 sleeves 3 inches long with 1/2" bolt hole. you really need 3 5/8" long sleeves so you cut up the 5th one to use as a spacer to go inside the bushings.
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:38 pm

At least I asked first and didn't google it this time. Thanks Don, you never cease to amaze. That's being proactive and making it easier on everyone. You've got photos for just about everything that makes it go much smoother for anyone that's looking for parts.

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:45 pm

,,,,pretty soon you will know everything about Chevys and be ready make the switch,,,,,
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:47 pm

After seeing the photos of the waitress' on the other thread, maybe a Chevy could work!!! Very Happy

Post by Guest Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:11 pm

Im in springfield il 62703

Post by Guest Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:14 pm

donivan65 wrote:Here is where we get the HB 930 shackle bushings,,,,,where in Illinois are you?

Please help....what bushings or part # for 68 G handi van leaf springs Hb_93010

Im in Spfld IL. 62703
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:34 pm

I will probably be eating hot dogs in Champaign around May 11th and cruising through Springfield down I-55 South around May 19th,,,,,
    Leftcoast65
    Leftcoast65

Number of posts : 77
    Registration date : 2011-08-27

Please help....what bushings or part # for 68 G handi van leaf springs Empty First Gen Kit

Post by Leftcoast65 Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:12 am

donivan65 wrote:And if you call National Spring and talk to Ben, tell him that you want Don's North Carolina bushing kit for your Chevy Van,,,,,,,,I put this kit together to make it easier to order the 1967-70 Chevy/GMC bushings.....

Don, do Ben and you have a Kit Name for a 64-66 first gen bushing set?
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:18 pm

I did not give it a name,,,,,however,,,,you need 2 #2056 polyurethane bushings and a #6 sleeve with a 9/16" hole to replace one of those metal cartridges on the front of each spring from National Spring and each shackle uses 4 HB 930 bushings which I get from SDTruckSprings

Please help....what bushings or part # for 68 G handi van leaf springs Spring13
    nakedwelder
    nakedwelder

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2015-01-26

Post by nakedwelder Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:54 pm

is this for the front or rear?
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:32 pm

We were talking about both the 1st gen, 64-66 and the 2nd gen, 67-70 bushings which use different parts,,,,,,looks like you need the 2nd gen ones, which I set up a kit at National Spring, to make it easier to buy,,,,,,,,can you check your forward ends of your springs and measure the metal cartridges and see if the fronts are about 1.130 and the rears are 1.500,,,,,,all the shackles take 4 of those HB930 bushings,,,,,,
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:36 pm

nakedwelder
    nakedwelder

Post by nakedwelder Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:24 pm

my van is a 69 , I will measure the metal cartridges
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:28 pm

Just to be sure my North Carolina kit will work, the front cartridges are about 1 1/8" and the rears, 1 1/2".........I dont have too much faith in getting replacement metal cartridges,,,,,,,what if the spring eye is sprung and the cartridges wont stay in there tightly,,,,,or the cartridges are not exactly the right size,,,,,,,thats why I like the polyurethane ones.......
    nakedwelder
    nakedwelder

Post by nakedwelder Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:33 pm

thank you. I think I get it now.
    Space Truckin
    Space Truckin

Number of posts : 1279
    Registration date : 2009-10-17

Post by Space Truckin Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:06 am

Good info Cool
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:38 pm

What measurement do you get on a 2nd Gen rear spring U bolt plate,,,,,,on a 1st gen with 2" springs, the U bolts are 2 1/8" apart in the plate,,,,,,,,I would think a 2nd Gen would be around 2 5/8"  and the plate would not work for 3" springs,,,,,,

Please help....what bushings or part # for 68 G handi van leaf springs Dscn5927
    ndjarrett
    ndjarrett

Number of posts : 357
    Registration date : 2011-05-01

Post by ndjarrett Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:48 am

Don, are they still selling that "North Carolina" kit? I'm trying to get it for my '67. I've emailed and left phone messages but get no response. Is there someplace else to source that kit from?
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:49 am

National Spring went out of business,,,,,,,,1st Gen and 2nd Gen springs are different,,,,I think the hard part will be finding the 1/2" bolt sleeve that goes through the polyurethane bushings that we use to replace those metal cartridges in the springs,,,,but try this place,,,,,give them the information that is listed in my North Carolina kit and see what they got,,,,,,,,

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/?gclid=CJaEwZvqwMsCFYqPfgodD2MNmQ

,,,,or try and find them here,,,,,

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/universal-link-flange-type-bushings.asp

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 2:24 pm