VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Defroster Hoses

Defroster Hoses Empty Defroster Hoses

Post by Guest Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:46 pm

I've been working on the electrical issues in my '68 A100 and now have the blower working as well as my temperature gauge. One thing I am in need of though are the hoses for my window defrosters. They appear to be made out of cardboard and have holes and tears all over them. Does anyone have any idea where I can track some down? Do they make repops or do I have to start scouring ebay and the salvage yards?
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Defroster Hoses Empty Re: Defroster Hoses

Post by dix Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:53 pm

i'd be willing ti bet napa could get them just need the sizes

Post by Guest Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:17 pm

Thanks, DLX. I'll try and find out what sizes I need (unless someone on here has that info already) and try Napa.

This is what my eBay search turned up.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-VINTAGE-2-CLOTH-COVERED-DEFROST-HOSE-CHEVY-FORD-DODGE-/221185802366
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:32 pm

i have bought them frpm -prp boys & napa- just need the sizes dor ur van.They comein lenghts -just cut & fit.
    rebar
    rebar

Number of posts : 151
    Registration date : 2012-10-31

Post by rebar Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:07 pm

Recently used "Thermoid" brand carburetor pre-heater hose that seem to be working pretty good. Size - 50mm x 18" for driver side and 50mm x 21" for passenger slip right on there. Got them at Knecht's and they're probably available elsewhere.
    slowflapper
    slowflapper

Number of posts : 956
    Registration date : 2010-07-29

Post by slowflapper Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:27 am

I got mine at nostalgic air parts, they sell it by the foot.

link
    lws67
    lws67

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2012-06-20

Post by lws67 Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:40 pm

rebar wrote:Recently used "Thermoid" brand carburetor pre-heater hose that seem to be working pretty good. Size - 50mm x 18" for driver side and 50mm x 21" for passenger slip right on there. Got them at Knecht's and they're probably available elsewhere.

That's exactly what I used, from Advance Auto. Think about the heat they are made to withstand......and be durable enough to stand up to all that comes with living in an engine compartment. I say, to use anything else, and pay mosy likely more, for less durability, would be crazy! Shocked

Post by Guest Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:33 am

sintax wrote:I've been working on the electrical issues in my '68 A100 and now have the blower working as well as my temperature gauge. One thing I am in need of though are the hoses for my window defrosters. They appear to be made out of cardboard and have holes and tears all over them. Does anyone have any idea where I can track some down? Do they make repops or do I have to start scouring ebay and the salvage yards?
    I got mine from NAPA, comes in a roll you just cut to fit,$20 Very Happy Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 3:56 am