VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+10
Vantastic
Casimier
codysdad6221
drc
westcoastvanner
Van Halen
NoBiggie
Gothboy
Space Truckin
the_surfing_guy
14 posters

ANNOUNCEMENT - Get your Vintage Plates Here

the_surfing_guy
    the_surfing_guy

Number of posts : 409
    Registration date : 2012-08-15

ANNOUNCEMENT - Get your Vintage Plates Here Empty ANNOUNCEMENT - Get your Vintage Plates Here

Post by the_surfing_guy Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:55 am

If you live in California, you can now get your black 0r blue license plates straight from the DMV and for only $50! Follow the link below and tell a friend...

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/newsrel/newsrel12/2012_20.htm

Space Truckin
    Space Truckin

Number of posts : 1279
    Registration date : 2009-10-17

ANNOUNCEMENT - Get your Vintage Plates Here Empty Re: ANNOUNCEMENT - Get your Vintage Plates Here

Post by Space Truckin Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:14 am

cheers cheers cheers
    Gothboy
    Gothboy

Number of posts : 714
    Registration date : 2012-07-02

ANNOUNCEMENT - Get your Vintage Plates Here Empty Re: ANNOUNCEMENT - Get your Vintage Plates Here

Post by Gothboy Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:36 am

I called them about this a few months back. (your article did not work for me so Im just sharing what the special field office told me about this) They said that they WILL be offering the plates after they have determined what traditional styles have the most interest, and offering them on a sort of reserved basis. Once the FULLY PAID requests for a certain color have met a certain number of $ they will begin producing those plates not too long after. If you have fully paid for a plate that fails to meet the value quantity after a certain ammount oif time (think it was a year) then they will begin refunding the fees paid for the plate because it will not be offered due to lack of interest. This is what the dmv told me after waiting several hours to speak to the correct field office in sacramento.

NoBiggie
    NoBiggie

Number of posts : 726
    Registration date : 2012-09-26

Post by NoBiggie Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:19 am

The website says this about pre-orders:

"The law specifies that 7,500 applications must be reached by January 1, 2015. If 7,500 applications are not received by that date, any fees paid for the California Legacy plates will be refunded to the applicant."

Does this mean they will take apps for two years and then if they hit the 7500 mark they will make them?

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:33 pm

sounds like a way for our crummy state to gain interest off our $50 for two years. then tell us we're out of luck. but i would like to remain optimistic on this as i think it's a great idea.
    Van Halen
    Van Halen

Number of posts : 1785
    Registration date : 2010-04-30

Post by Van Halen Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:27 pm

E-bay
    westcoastvanner
    westcoastvanner

Number of posts : 1686
    Registration date : 2008-10-04

Post by westcoastvanner Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:06 pm

How do we know, how many have paid the $50.00. Is there a web site that shows, how many have requested plates?
    drc

Number of posts : 298
    Registration date : 2010-09-13

Post by drc Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:00 pm

Wow! That's WAY cool. I've always had a thing for the black plates.... perhaps I'll drop the fifty bucks and see if I can get my old van number....

If not, Van Halen, you got it spot on... ebay!

As a side thought, how screwed up is our state that we have to resort to these gimmicks to raise money... and where exactly are these funds to be used??? And you know whoever came up with the idea for selling these plates is making at lease twice what I make, and works half as hard...

Sorry.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:32 am

I would be interested if we got the plates straight away however I'm not going to give the state $50 to keep for up to 2 years hoping they receive 7500 applications. $50 is not a lot of money but its money that could be in my pocket.
    NoBiggie
    NoBiggie

Post by NoBiggie Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:02 am

Yeah it's a crazy way to go about it. Because if 5000 fill out the app and pay, and another 5000 feel like cdc, it will never happen. And good luck getting your money back from a bankrupt state government.
    Space Truckin
    Space Truckin

Post by Space Truckin Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:38 pm

NoBiggie wrote:Yeah it's a crazy way to go about it. Because if 5000 fill out the app and pay, and another 5000 feel like cdc, it will never happen. And good luck getting your money back from a bankrupt state government.

JM2C, But don't you guys think there are at a minimum 7500 old car guys in Ca.(present pop.36 million) I for one will sign up for maybe 5 . It is really a no brainer when you consider the hot rod/ old car culture. I will bet you dollars to donuts it gets done. IMHO Question
    the_surfing_guy
    the_surfing_guy

Post by the_surfing_guy Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:24 am

Space Truckin wrote:
    NoBiggie wrote:Yeah it's a crazy way to go about it. Because if 5000 fill out the app and pay, and another 5000 feel like cdc, it will never happen. And good luck getting your money back from a bankrupt state government.

JM2C, But don't you guys think there are at a minimum 7500 old car guys in Ca.(present pop.36 million) I for one will sign up for maybe 5 . It is really a no brainer when you consider the hot rod/ old car culture. I will bet you dollars to donuts it gets done. IMHO Question

I totally agree! And another way to look at this, wrong as this may sound...the state of CA is a business like mine and yours and the principal idea of running a business is to make money (or in their case avoid being bankrupt). So, if it takes creative ways to raise capital (like this one) than good for them (and ultimately us) Shocked . What's 50 bucks to help our great state get out of the hole. It's not like we are giving them $50 and not getting anything for it. Worse case scenario we help them/us with a "loan". Again it's only $50 and in the end you'll either get the plates or get your money back ...just a thought Surprised .

Last edited by the_surfing_guy on Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    westcoastvanner
    westcoastvanner

Post by westcoastvanner Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:16 pm

You are right... I am sending in my $50.00 and let's hope they get 7500 pre sold.
    codysdad6221
    codysdad6221

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2012-12-18

Post by codysdad6221 Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:49 pm

IMO they will reach the goal as soon as this gets more media attention. I'm sure they have done the research as they are only offering the 50's 60's and 70's plates. DMV website says the plates will be reflectorized (to comply with current state law) but will incorporate as many details of the original plates as possible. The 2015 date is a deadline for current law authorizing the plates. Link to DMV's site below:

"A pre-order form California Legacy License Plate Pre-Order Form (REG 17L)is http://www.dmv.ca.gov/legacyplates/index.htm. The completed form and a $50 payment must be mailed to the address provided on the form. Payment can only be made by check, money order, or cashier's check. Pre-orders cannot be processed at DMV Field offices or Auto Club offices
    NoBiggie
    NoBiggie

Post by NoBiggie Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:54 pm

Heck there are probably 1000 Scooby Doo vans in CA! That's a start! lol!
    the_surfing_guy
    the_surfing_guy

Post by the_surfing_guy Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:12 am

I just sent mine in!
    drc

Post by drc Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:06 am

Better hurry.... Only twelve months left to order your new vintage plates.....?

Space Truckin
    Space Truckin

Post by Space Truckin Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:39 am

In order for the program to be implemented, at LEAST ONE of the THREE styles must receive 7,500 orders before January 1, 2015.

As of today 12/27/2013

ANNOUNCEMENT - Get your Vintage Plates Here Legacy14
    drc

Post by drc Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:20 pm

Hmmmmm, I wonder if the interest they are making on the $398,150 (So far) is even worth it...
    Space Truckin
    Space Truckin

Post by Space Truckin Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:20 am

That is exactly why I haven't sent the corrupt governor any money  Suspect Suspect 
    Casimier
    Casimier

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-07-26

Post by Casimier Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:45 am

You guys are better off in CA than NJ.
    If I ever paid $50 up front to NJ DMV I'd be laughed into some garbage dump in Staten Island and never heard from again.
    Governor Christie here in Jersey is getting things cleaned up but it takes awhile for him to find the culprits.
    Most of the time he is under attack by others...that just means he is doing a good job cleaning out the hen house.
    Jim in NJ aka Casimier
    Space Truckin
    Space Truckin

Post by Space Truckin Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:39 am

When he is done, PLEASE send him to CA. we already know the criminals Boxer, Feinstein and Pelosi  affraid 
    westcoastvanner
    westcoastvanner

Post by westcoastvanner Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:51 am

I wonder how many more plates have to be ordered here in California, before they mail out the vintage plates?
    Space Truckin
    Space Truckin

Post by Space Truckin Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:05 am

westcoastvanner wrote:I wonder how many more plates have to be ordered here in California, before they mail out the vintage plates?

Read post number 18.

westcoastvanner
    westcoastvanner

Post by westcoastvanner Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:15 am

Got it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 4:56 am