VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Scooby! I don't think we're in Washington anymore!

Rock*
    Rock*

Number of posts : 53
    Registration date : 2011-05-21

Scooby! I don't think we're in Washington anymore! Empty Scooby! I don't think we're in Washington anymore!

Post by Rock* Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:22 am

AS I mentioned in another thread, another "A" fell into my lap so to speak!

Most of my pics were taken on my cell phone, (not loaded on comp yet as I have 2k+ pics on it...) Anyways here's a preview of one of the ones I took with my camera. If I remember how to load pics that is... My Christmas/Birthday present to me! Happy Holidays VV santa

Scooby! I don't think we're in Washington anymore! Minist11
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Scooby! I don't think we're in Washington anymore! Empty Re: Scooby! I don't think we're in Washington anymore!

Post by vanny Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:28 pm

I'm digging the roof lights, eh? Nice present to yourself!!!
    I was born up in Moncton, NB-(Near Bouctouche). I'm hoping that I might be able to buy myself a birthday present this spring also. Can't wait to see more pics. Please keep them coming and Congrats!!!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Scooby! I don't think we're in Washington anymore! Empty Re: Scooby! I don't think we're in Washington anymore!

Post by dix Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:34 pm

looks like a nice score..

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:21 pm

Looks nice Rock. Congrats and can't waite to see more pics.
    Gothboy
    Gothboy

Number of posts : 714
    Registration date : 2012-07-02

Post by Gothboy Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:48 am

So far Im really diggin it man! Very Happy Keep the pix comin!!!!
    Rock*
    Rock*

Number of posts : 53
    Registration date : 2011-05-21

Post by Rock* Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:44 pm

Ya, I was super happy to say the least when I received a reply to my inquiry as to weather or not it was for sale.

I've known about the van/seen it for many years, but never asked about it till a few weeks ago... I get a email with the title "1969 Dodge van", so I thought who is this... I have not had my van on Flakeslist for months and months. Open it up and viola, a reply to my inquiry. "I own the 1969 Yellow Dodge Tradesman here in Lynden WA. I have recently decided to sell the van that I have had since 2002 and Rob gave me your info. If you are interested message me back here and I can send you the details. Hope your day is well. So, my attitude quickly shifted from "whats this idiot (replying to my old Craigslist ad on my 69) to, hey this guy doesn't even know what year his van is! (the one you see here ofc) So I shoot him a email saying "sure, I did not look to closely, didn't want to snoop, its probably a slant six etc...

and I receive this reply "The van is a 1969 Dodge Tradesman. I purchased it from the county in 2002, it was the whatcom country search and rescue mobile command center for decades and before that it was a US Civil Defense Van (the government stickers and plaque are still in it).

It actually has a 318 V8. It's a 3 on the tree with 2 corvette lake pipes on the side. It has under 70k original miles. Currently it is at my mechanics with some sort of electrical problem. The battery is not getting a charge from the alternator but the alternator is creating current, so somewhere in the wiring we have lost it.

Then he says I am asking.... for it obo. I just about fell off my computer chair. Knowing I was low on cash (Christmas and all!) I threw him a offer & said don't fix or worry about the electrical problem. He said sure & the rest is history!!! Well there is lots more little info, but ya, that pretty much sums it up (never even heard it run before I bought it! Battery was dead ofc...

Click pic to see full size, cheers
    Scooby! I don't think we're in Washington anymore! Minist12
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:38 pm

That is one sweet deal. Just goes to prove that sometimes it pays to ask the right question at the right time. You must have some really good MoJo flowing. He shoots, He SCORES! Congrats and can't wait to see more pics!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:54 pm