VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+6
Nightmoves
Digz
wideload
donivan65
millwright71
back2thewoods
10 posters

drivers side rocker

Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

drivers side rocker - Page 2 Empty Re: drivers side rocker

Post by Digz Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:40 pm

Think ya got it upside down Don
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:58 pm

,,,,so if all you needed was the rocker section, (between the wheelwells),for a 90 inch wheelbase could you get a 62" hunk out of that panel? ,,,,here is the pictures before I messed with them,,,,,,,,,,,

drivers side rocker - Page 2 Rocker13
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794

Post by Digz Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:31 am

No, You are correct , that is for the Pass. side by description and to short. It should just fit the cargo door opening for length. The Driverside rocker used to be available and perhaps still is somewhere. but thru Ammuscle all I'm seeing is this now.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-GMC-Van-Side-Panel-Left-63-64-65-66-67-68-69-70-/270793357504?hash=item3f0c8ab8c0&item=270793357504&pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr
    Given all that though, other than the pass. side front wheel arch those parts that are available pretty much have it covered.
    Even at that, One should expect some re-working in spots, like you said, the beltline isnt to well defined and on mine I ran into issues with the height and had to trim some. Might have been me or just a oddity with whoever was runnin a part that day.
    I was just messin' with ya on the upside down thing.Smile
    I see my link is the same part as MW's. As time goes by , we are going to run into fewer choices on who's actually making them.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:04 am

We are just looking for information,,,,,like that side panel,,,,they want $330 for it? Can that shipping price be right? Vanner68 might be getting some business if someone really needs just the rocker,,,,and it looks like the 108 WB people are out of luck,,,,,we need to save all the good rockers we run across......
    gotavan
    gotavan

Number of posts : 242

Post by gotavan Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:33 pm

Theres a rocker attached to this piece I got at the chevy dealer they were thowing it out because they could not return it!
    drivers side rocker - Page 2 Panelquart

I just do like Greg and make my own out of sheet metal, I use a 2X4 and a chunk of pipe out in the driveway.
    drivers side rocker - Page 2 1rockker

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 8:16 am