VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

My NEW project!

hemicop
    hemicop

Number of posts : 89
    Registration date : 2011-12-18

My NEW project! Empty My NEW project!

Post by hemicop Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:26 pm

Well, I'm kind of a newbie here, having not been on the site much & not especially knowledgable on vans or their truck counterparts. Still I was able to find a complete, though badly discarded A100 truck in N.M. & brought it on home. Well, I finally got around to starting on the project & to-date I've been able to gut it, re-build its suspension, fuel system, trans & brakes & have even managed to fit in a stock 360 Magnum engine into the engine bay.
    Now the REAL work starts! Rolling Eyes What are you guys doing to the interiors of these A100 trucks to quiet them down & make them "user friendly". Dynamat or something similiar in the engine box is a given, but what about the sides, ceiling & floor of these things? I'm thinking "Lizardskin" under conventional rubber matting for the floor & maybe even on the ceiling & back part of the cab then covering it with 1/8in ABS plastic to give it a finished look.
    Also, the body needs a TON of work! affraid Someone slathered on tons of Bondo to the front & after 3 days of sanding, grinding & chipping it all away the front end looks like it got blasted with a shotgun---slidehammer-screw holes, I assume. The sides are pretty shot (not bad by East Coast or Mid-West standards, though) but I was only able to find partial "skins" for the side. Anyone know where I can get a complete side for the bed?
    I guess what I'm looking for is advice from the veteransout there that are used to resurrecting old work vehicles. Any opinions or advice will be appreciated. Thanks!

sandyvan
    sandyvan

Number of posts : 526
    Registration date : 2011-03-13

My NEW project! Empty Re: My NEW project!

Post by sandyvan Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:00 pm

Welcome! Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. Just spend the next three weeks obsessively reading every A100 post on here and you'll find everything you need!

But seriously, the Advanced Search feature works pretty well. And you might want to pick one topic to ask about and posts some pictures of the issues.
    hemicop
    hemicop

Number of posts : 89
    Registration date : 2011-12-18

Post by hemicop Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:04 am

Thanks! Bodywork is my main concern now as the mechanical is pretty squared away, at least as to what I know needsw to be done. I'm hoping to get some ideas from you veterans as to paint & possibly brake improvements
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:23 pm

Hemicop, PM me your contact info...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:23 am