VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+17
dodge man
Vanadian
Van Halen
Gothboy
Scott
BvrWally
Exto
Twinpilot001
G-Man
bugeye bob
dix
westcoastvanner
RodStRace
fmc56
MikeShums
econopoor
Donn
21 posters

How many states require two license plates?

Vanadian
    Vanadian

Number of posts : 187
    Registration date : 2010-11-17

How many states require two license plates? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many states require two license plates?

Post by Vanadian Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:32 am

Alberta Vintage plate rules.
    Antique vehicle registration is a special type of registration for cars, trucks or motorcycles that are considered antique, classic or vintage that are over 25 years of age.

Antique vehicle registration provides certain benefits, such as a reduced registration fee and distinctive license plates.

Alberta also allows the use of vintage license plates for antique cars provided the car is specially registered as an antique vehicle and the issued antique plate and registration are kept inside the vehicle for inspection upon demand by law enforcement. This allows vehicle owners to display the vehicles as they were when first produced.

There are restrictions to antique plates and driving the vehicle is significantly limited. For example, the use of a car registered as an antique is limited to taking part in car club activities, parades, and driving to and from such events, getting maintenance and repairs. You can’t go on a Sunday drive, or take the vehicle to work.There are pros and cons with Antique registration, the lower fees and the vintage plates, but if you can’t stand to see your classic sit longer than it drives, register it as a regular vehicle and drive it whenever you want.

I bet I wouldn't have any trouble doing this full time unless I ran into the same cop more thatn once.
    mo_1040
    mo_1040

Number of posts : 645
    Registration date : 2008-07-04

How many states require two license plates? - Page 2 Empty mn plates

Post by mo_1040 Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:25 pm

Exto wrote:Two plates are required up here in Minnesota, (except motorcycles, because that would just be dumb) but people seem to ignore that when it's convenient.

checked with dmv here and they said if I have the old plates with the 1967 sticker on them then I would only have to display 1 plate on the rear.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:00 am