VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+6
HandiVanMan
Nightmoves
dix
G-Man
jkr
lws67
10 posters

Do You Take Vacations In Your Vintage Van? And Where?

lws67
    lws67

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2012-06-20

Do You Take Vacations In Your Vintage Van? And Where? Empty Do You Take Vacations In Your Vintage Van? And Where?

Post by lws67 Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:00 am

Just thought I'd start a new topic for anyone to post about vacations they've taken (anytime) or plan on taking, where "The Van" is an integral part of the trip! This year I've strong-armed the wife, again, to go along with taking my 67 A100 to the Outer Banks (Hatteras) of North Carolina (about a 630 mile trip one-way) I've been dialing things in, new radiator, rebuilt the carb, tinkered with the steering etc, and it's really been transformed. Waiting on a vintage Tuffy ventilated seat cushion to keep the underside cool, and also a vintage dash fan so everyones comfortable. I really want to drive it out onto the sand, kick open the doors, setup a canopy, chairs, maybe a little campfire, set out my vintage Coleman cooler filled with brew, crank up the tunes, and kick back and take in life! We took it out there to Corolla three years ago and had fun driving the kids around in it, but never had the nads to drive it out on the sand.

What are your plans, or where have you been on vacation with your old van? And pictures please! Very Happy

Lorin

Do You Take Vacations In Your Vintage Van? And Where? Empty Re: Do You Take Vacations In Your Vintage Van? And Where?

Post by Guest Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:18 pm

We go camping, not often enough though and not that far from home yet (60mi). Longest trip was when my brother and I drove it from Akron OH to WI. That was 790mi of great times!!
    Do You Take Vacations In Your Vintage Van? And Where? Campinclyde128
    lws67
    lws67

Do You Take Vacations In Your Vintage Van? And Where? Empty Re: Do You Take Vacations In Your Vintage Van? And Where?

Post by lws67 Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:15 pm

campin'fool wrote:We go camping, not often enough though and not that far from home yet (60mi). Longest trip was when my brother and I drove it from Akron OH to WI. That was 790mi of great times!!
    Do You Take Vacations In Your Vintage Van? And Where? Campinclyde128
    I've seen your setup, very cool, it is an inspiration. I'm trying to buy only vintage, period correct stuff too. And I'm the sort that wants to enjoy the "whole" trip when it come to vacations...not just b-line it on the interstate. Old backroads, gas stations, resturants, slower pace etc....Cool

Post by Guest Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:52 pm

I hear ya man, If at all possable we back road it. The "super-slab" is fine when you are in a hurry but you hardly ever run across any "finds" along the way.
    The Mom & Pop places (cafe, hotel's) are still the best, you get stung once in a while but it's not often enough to not roll the dice.

Joel
    jkr
    jkr

Number of posts : 1148
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by jkr Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:36 pm

going to the atlantic nationals in moncton new brunswick canada and leaving in the morning. 4 days of just about everything automotive. always a great time and the weather is lookin real good. nothing better to look at cars, rods and whatever else is there including the "software" and there should be around 2000 in attendance, vehicles that is. great show and always a good time. check it out at atlanticnationals.com i will report to really rare and obscure stuff when i get home............
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:43 pm

The last few vacations I have took have been at the Van Nations. And the 69 has served me well as transportation and motel
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729

Post by dix Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:48 pm

there is about 8 to 10 of us that run to norwalk ohio every year for the chrysler nationals in sept. 4 days of drag racing and fun...we all camp togather near the spec side near the starting line...

Post by Guest Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:02 pm

Went to Carlisle, 10 hour drive there and 10 hours back. Slept in the van 3 nights. Second time I've done it!

Do You Take Vacations In Your Vintage Van? And Where? Carlis11
    lws67
    lws67

Post by lws67 Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:10 pm

dix wrote:there is about 8 to 10 of us that run to norwalk ohio every year for the chrysler nationals in sept. 4 days of drag racing and fun...we all camp togather near the spec side near the starting line...
    I've been eyeballing the Norwalk gathering for quite a few years, was planning on making the Mopar Nationals this year with my son, as vans and trucks are being featured..... Damn, what to do! scratch
    lws67
    lws67

Post by lws67 Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:19 pm

enbro wrote:Went to Carlisle, 10 hour drive there and 10 hours back. Slept in the van 3 nights. Second time I've done it!

Do You Take Vacations In Your Vintage Van? And Where? Carlis11

That's another event I've been wanting to attend! Nice picture Smile

Lorin
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:59 pm

Campin,Enbro..those are two Great Shots.Calender worthy.
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Number of posts : 1868
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

Post by HandiVanMan Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:14 pm

Do You Take Vacations In Your Vintage Van? And Where? 42272338464-vi
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:03 pm

if you make norwalk this year at the gate tell them or they will ask are you with the a100 group. answer yep. the gang there are the best. you don't need to know any one and still fit right in. 2 years back duane stoped in but i missed him hope to meet him this year. Some of the guys that go to bakers also come down from Detroit. a few from P.A. a few from Ohio 1 from indy. .Camping is at the end of the race track. But every year they hold the starting line for the a100's and they give us a better event/ and camping prices... now for my advice if the weather and health is good go to the 1st one that comes up. and maybe you can still make the 2nd one. We never know what tomorrow will bring..

Number of posts : 1319
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

Post by 67a 100 pickup Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:17 pm

dix.. what weekend is norwalk this year??
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:44 pm

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-07-26

Post by Casimier Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:46 pm

This year the Casimier truck will make its first run up to
    Rhode Island to Fred Carello's ECONO Picnic.

VCVCSmiley
    VCVCSmiley

Number of posts : 73
    Registration date : 2010-09-16

Post by VCVCSmiley Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:04 pm

We take our earlies on almost every vacation. It's what they were made for! BTW, if you haven't taken your early to the Van Nats yet, you are missing out on the ultimate van vacation.
    fmc56
    fmc56

Number of posts : 553
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by fmc56 Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:05 am

I take 63 Econoline everywhere. I've been to Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, Maryland, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinios, Missouri, Mississippi and Arkansas. Over 55,000 miles in 6 years.
    Fred

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:20 pm