VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Options question

Gothboy
    Gothboy

Number of posts : 714
    Registration date : 2012-07-02

Options question Empty Options question

Post by Gothboy Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:04 pm

So I've been looking at a-108 (I believe that's the longer wheelbase's nomenclature) and keeping an eye out for options I will want when I get mine. I've seen a few with multi gas tanks. This is a highly desirable feature for me. Just how common or rare is that? Was it only on sportsman style or window vans?

Pop tops; there seem to be quite a few differing types. We're they all agtermarketdoneby varied companies? Or was it a package. Like package a comes with this top, b comes with that? I have a very solid idea of what features im hoping to find but no idea if I'm looking for a gold brick in the ghetto or not.

Perhaps you guys know something somewhere I can read to educate myself on these matters?

For instance. My ideal would be more than a half ton van with multi tanks, any v8, automatic, some type of roof addition and extended wheelbase of the dodge variety. What ill end up with? I have no idea lol. Time and opportunity will dictate, and since I can practically fix anything that opens the window up a little bit. Though I don't want to spend decades fixing a complete rotbox either. I know you guys get what I mean. Smile
    -GothY-
    Gothboy
    Gothboy

Number of posts : 714
    Registration date : 2012-07-02

Options question Empty Re: Options question

Post by Gothboy Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:05 pm

Oops. I did not mean pop tops specifically, but any kind of custom roof option. Fiberglass extension, pop up type, high top, etc. Smile
    -GothY-
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:38 am

Go over to EBay and search Dodge A100 under parts and accessories. Then look in Maunals and Literature.
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/Manuals-Literature-/6029/i.html?_nkw=dodge+a100&_vxp=mtr
    There will be a bunch of brouchures, with AutoLit being one of the big sellers. These will provide a better overview of the option packages Dodge and the aftermarket had back then. The glass high tops were much more common on later vans, but there were some earlies too.
    Example:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1969-Dodge-A-100-Van-Travco-Sales-Brochure-RV-Enjoy-The-Suite-Life-/150847412869?pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item231f34da85&vxp=mtr

You can find the comversion companies this way, then do searches for forums and blogs for those companies, like the Travco shown.
    http://www.travco.org/gallery.htm
    There you can find out about production, common problems and fixes, parts sources, and maybe even find one for sale.
    There are many different possibilities and you seem to have a pretty good idea what you are looking for, so try to find the one that fits your needs and tastes, then go for it!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 5:00 pm