VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Removing panels

KEVINS750
    KEVINS750

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2012-05-22

Removing panels Empty Removing panels

Post by KEVINS750 Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:38 pm

I bought a parts van that I want to remove the driver side body panels(lower with the rear wheel well and the upper to the driver door and rain gutter..Are there any threads on this? Any one done it before? thanks Kevin
    mothradeath
    mothradeath

Number of posts : 217
    Registration date : 2009-06-17

Removing panels Empty Re: Removing panels

Post by mothradeath Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:04 pm

I've used and replace every panel that is available for our vans on my 65. Truthfully, they aren't a direct fit at all. They need alot of manipulation to fit well. Im assuming you've got a welder and something toto use abrasivea cutoff wheels withI like athe die grinder. what I would do personally is if your butt seams where all your panels come togetherto are solid and not full rust.....don't touch them at all. I have found out myself is that's where all of the replacent panels have most of their fitment issues. So if you can cut below those seams and not interfere with them it may go smoother for you. Just my opinion.
    mothradeath
    mothradeath

Number of posts : 217
    Registration date : 2009-06-17

Post by mothradeath Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:06 pm

Sorry for all the misspells. Typing from my phone. Check out millsupply.com for all the replacement panels or macs of course
    KEVINS750
    KEVINS750

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2012-05-22

Post by KEVINS750 Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:13 pm

thanks for the info...I have the tools for the job...I would like to take the whole darn left side of the van off in one piece if I could...I will do some more checking around...Kevin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 7:38 am