VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

any bright trim bezels for econoline tailights?

any bright trim bezels for econoline tailights? Empty any bright trim bezels for econoline tailights?

Post by Guest Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:14 pm

a friend looked at my 63 econoline today and said why didnt i have the chrome trim around my tailights
    i dont recall ever seeing any thing like that but it think it would look nice,

is there such a trim for the tailights or something else that would trim them out

thanks

econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

any bright trim bezels for econoline tailights? Empty Re: any bright trim bezels for econoline tailights?

Post by econopoor Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:21 pm

Here's what I'm running on my 61.

any bright trim bezels for econoline tailights? DSC09549-vi

It's a 57-58 F series truck front turn siginal bezel. These had a clear lense and a amber bulb from the factory. The clear lense is the same as our tail lense. The chrome is just a plated, stamped steel piece rivited to the same style housing that Econo's use. The only problem is these are not being repo'd and NOS are hard to find and expensive when you do. I've played around with cutting some from aluminum on my lathe. It's not too hard to do. I'm thinking about finding a shop that can cut a bunch on a CNC lathe. I haven't looked into the cost yet but it's a simple one setup cut so I wouldn't think it would be real high. I dunno. Here's one I cut. I don't like the blue dot lense but that was the lense I had when I was test fitting them.

any bright trim bezels for econoline tailights? DSC00173-vi

Duane in Tennessee.

any bright trim bezels for econoline tailights? Empty Re: any bright trim bezels for econoline tailights?

Post by Guest Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:38 pm

now thats a good start, thanks for sharing that info
    im up for a set if you make them!!

Post by Guest Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:19 pm

ok
    i got a set of trim rings for me 63, they are early VW speedometer trim rings
    thanks
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Post by econopoor Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:13 am

I'd like to see some pictures of those.

Duane in Tennessee

Post by Guest Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:51 am

i can send you a photo in an email for you to see. and feel free to post it if you wish
    RipVanArkie
    RipVanArkie

Number of posts : 987
    Registration date : 2008-05-13

Post by RipVanArkie Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:03 am

Duane,
    Now I know why you were looking for VW speedo trims at the swap meet!

Was great to see you there, ready to see you all again on my B-Day!

Steve
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Post by econopoor Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:47 pm

Jeezzee You on VV again. Is this your yearly visit??? Kens tail light trick looks great. And, It's a lot easier than my way.

any bright trim bezels for econoline tailights? Untitled-vi

I think there might be a run on V dub bezels.

Duane in Tennessee

Post by Guest Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:13 pm

thanks for posting my photo, you are a clever fellow!!
    8Ball
    8Ball

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2012-06-17

Post by 8Ball Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:03 pm

I didn't even think of that...wicked...
    lectricman
    lectricman

Number of posts : 339
    Registration date : 2010-04-07

Post by lectricman Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:26 pm

I installed 61 Pontiac starcheif tail light lenses to my housings.. they come with a trim ring...

any bright trim bezels for econoline tailights? Newstripe2 any bright trim bezels for econoline tailights? Newtaillights any bright trim bezels for econoline tailights? Newtaillights2

They are 1/4" smaller so I painted my housings with rustoleum chrome paint, then centered them and re-drilled the mounting holes... I like the custom look...

I like the idea of the VW rings also...I know where a couple are sitting, I'll have to check them out...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:56 am