VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

1st gen g10 steering wheel interchangablity

ditdater
    ditdater

Number of posts : 590
    Registration date : 2010-11-06

1st gen g10 steering wheel interchangablity Empty 1st gen g10 steering wheel interchangablity

Post by ditdater Fri May 04, 2012 11:39 am

ok checked with grant steering wheel company .they have been in bussinesss long enough ,and they said there is no adapter kit for any of their st/wheels directly listed under 65 g10 . what they asked me to check is , if anyone i know has used a grant adapter kit for one of their st/wheels listed under any other chevy make yr and model . \
    sooooo, anybody actually know of another chevy make column steer wheel hook up ,same as 1st gen g10 ? kind of leaning to want a early camaro style wood grant wheel , still kind of gm look.
    NipRing
    NipRing

Number of posts : 336
    Registration date : 2011-08-14

1st gen g10 steering wheel interchangablity Empty Re: 1st gen g10 steering wheel interchangablity

Post by NipRing Fri May 04, 2012 1:59 pm

They must be lying....
    1st gen g10 steering wheel interchangablity 363aac9c

But, this was on when i bought it.
    ditdater
    ditdater

1st gen g10 steering wheel interchangablity Empty BUMMER !

Post by ditdater Fri May 04, 2012 2:36 pm

I GOTTA BELEIVE THERES ANOTHER GM MAKE AND MODEL THAT WOULD BE ABLE TO USE , BUT AS LOG AS GRANT AS BEEN AROUND YOU/D THINK THEY WOULD FIGURE THAT OUT FOR THEIR APPLICATION FIT CHART ., SO THEY COULD SELL MORE .
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

1st gen g10 steering wheel interchangablity Empty Re: 1st gen g10 steering wheel interchangablity

Post by Twinpilot001 Fri May 04, 2012 4:56 pm

id guess - 56-64 chev pass or pu?? ive got a grant wheel on my 56 chev pu now for 30 years . seems like there was an application on a 56 chev pu last i knew/?
    jrinaman
    jrinaman

Number of posts : 890
    Registration date : 2011-03-10

Post by jrinaman Fri May 04, 2012 11:20 pm

ditdater wrote:I GOTTA BELEIVE THERES ANOTHER GM MAKE AND MODEL THAT WOULD BE ABLE TO USE ,
    ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? the list i already gave you last month fits our vehicles!!!! maybe someone else will post the answer your looking for.
    ditdater
    ditdater

1st gen g10 steering wheel interchangablity Empty thanks but ,,,,,,

Post by ditdater Sat May 05, 2012 2:15 am

sorry if i/m not understanding your older post , but as tried the sites listed and called both summit and grant (lecarra was too expensive to buy their wheels)but both places said same thing i/m asking again . and again if i/m missing something in your wording i/m sorry , but they are both asking to find out on my own someone who used another model make , now thats what i/m asking so i dont just go buy another make /model /yr whatever to try it ,and if it dont fit send it back , which i dont like doing , if i/m not understanding holler at on the phone i might get it easier that way ,
    502 432 3684 d t
    also like the idea of with this site ,odds are i will find someone who actually bought wheel and adapter kit from grant that worked ,
    jrinaman
    jrinaman

Number of posts : 890
    Registration date : 2011-03-10

Post by jrinaman Sat May 05, 2012 8:17 pm

dont buy the lacarra. lacarra lists one that fits our vans and a few other vehicles, same part number. grant has wheels to fit the other vehicles too but doesnt list g10. if the lecarra wheel fits both, wouldnt the grant? your own words "i gotta beleive theres another gm make and model that would be able to use" lots of suppliers just dont have our vans listed, very little demand and many dont evan think of it, like its a delivery van still. there are a couple here with the grant so maybe they can pull and send a pic or part number.
    panelmanrd
    panelmanrd

Number of posts : 801
    Registration date : 2009-10-04

Post by panelmanrd Sun May 06, 2012 6:58 pm

I would think that any gm non telescoping
    60-66, 67 gms went to a different turn signal switch.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:54 pm