VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+39
mnghost
AzDon
westcoastvanner
RF Man
Vantucky
vanny
uante
Rayallen
Casimier
66ThunderVan
toad
Jay 13
whopman
mcfly
Lazarusvan
Vanadian
slowflapper
m1dadio
Linoman
dix
Zuffen
bumpbug
BvrWally
BajaCharlie
66BC
DanTheVanMan
Roman
wideload
Nightmoves
RodStRace
Big W
Digz
itruns
Donn
Twinpilot001
cl350rr
Vanish
G-Man
HandiVanMan
43 posters

How did you come up with your nickname???

m1dadio
    m1dadio
    Chevy Guru

Number of posts : 1778
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

How did you come up with your nickname??? - Page 2 Empty Re: How did you come up with your nickname???

Post by m1dadio Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:14 am

When my son was 7 he said I am the #1 dadio of all times. So m1dadio became my handle.

M1D
    slowflapper
    slowflapper

Number of posts : 956
    Registration date : 2010-07-29

How did you come up with your nickname??? - Page 2 Empty Re: How did you come up with your nickname???

Post by slowflapper Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:50 am

I used to work two brothers from the NOLA area, couple of coonasses. They would always say "what up slowflapper", a slowflapper was the name they used for an "Egret", which always flapped real slow when it was flying. The joke I guess was that I was always going slow Cool

Those guys were a blast, I lost contact with them after Hurricane Catrina when they went back home to rebuild.
    Vanadian
    Vanadian

Number of posts : 187
    Registration date : 2010-11-17

Post by Vanadian Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:45 pm

simple and quik

I have Van

I am Canadian

Saw a good fit
    Lazarusvan
    Lazarusvan

Number of posts : 1293
    Registration date : 2011-02-22

Post by Lazarusvan Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:15 am

Last name is "Lazarus." There used to me a tv show called The Lazarusman. Used that for email for years, joined this site, and than switched the end to "van" when I actually owned one.

And, I now realize the play on words as Lazarus was resurrected (no religious meaning for me) and my van surely will need additional resurrection to get it where I want it to go Twisted Evil
    mcfly
    mcfly

Number of posts : 626
    Registration date : 2008-11-10

Post by mcfly Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:43 am

HELLO ?????
    whopman
    whopman

Number of posts : 387
    Registration date : 2010-04-01

Post by whopman Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:02 am

Italian heritage...growing up everyone called me a Whop....kinda stuck...so when email began it seemed natural whopman@....
    Jay 13
    Jay 13

Number of posts : 155
    Registration date : 2011-02-01

Post by Jay 13 Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:33 am

My first name is Jay and my racing # is 13 when I was racing motorcycles.13 was also my dad's race # and my grandfather's # back in the 40's when he raced Harley Davidson hill climbers.I was always more into motocross and drag racing but one year I did get to race the infield road coarse track at Daytona on a BMW 1150GS.When you have motorcycles it only seems natural to have a van.
    toad
    toad

Number of posts : 355
    Registration date : 2010-05-30

Post by toad Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:19 am

I've been Toad since I was born. My middle name is Todd. IN the hospital they had my full name on the end of my crib/bed thingy, and the first "d" was short, making it look like Toad. Go by it at work and with some friends, Only family on my mom's side use Toad, since it was my uncle that started it. toad
    66ThunderVan
    66ThunderVan

Number of posts : 384
    Registration date : 2012-01-08

Post by 66ThunderVan Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:33 pm

It's the same handle I use on the T-bird site. I'm building a Van with a Thunderbird Turbocoupe 2.3 turbo engine T-5, 5 speed trans and interior parts including the t-bird tilt steering wheel, seats and dash cluster. Other mods are power assist steering from a 68 torino, front rotors from a Mustang GT rear rotors from a Lincoln with the drum type E-brake. This project has been started but is on hold while I put another van on the road. I hope to have it running for Carlisle this summer. It may not be pretty but I hope to tear up Thunder Mountain Dragway with it.

Post by Guest Thu May 24, 2012 7:17 pm

I just wanted to bump this thread for the new members and those who may have missed it. I think its a cool thread.
    Casimier
    Casimier

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-07-26

Post by Casimier Fri May 25, 2012 5:39 am

Glad my father saved me from all the stress of coming up with a nickname or handle or company name....whew!
    His midddle name and mine..
    Thanks Dad

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 8:36 am

Casimier wrote:Glad my father saved me from all the stress of coming up with a nickname or handle or company name....whew!
    His midddle name and mine..
    Thanks Dad

I figured your was a company name, but now I gotta ask... Which one of you is Casimier and which one's Surfboard? Laughing Sorry man, couldn't help it.
    Joel
    Rayallen
    Rayallen

Number of posts : 648
    Registration date : 2011-06-27

Post by Rayallen Fri May 25, 2012 9:14 am

Raymond Allen is my name and I go by Ray.

I wish I would have used RayVan instead. That is my name on the JalopyJournal site.
    uante
    uante

Number of posts : 1466
    Registration date : 2014-01-26

Post by uante Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:34 am

Found this old thread while doing a search for "Window Crank Handle Escutcheon"...Anyway, thought it was interesting enough for a revisit Smile

My nick came from when I got my first computer back in '97. I wanted to set up a mail account, but didn't want it to be my real name. The computer I bought was put together by a company called "Quantex" and looking at the company mouse pad that came with it, I just took off the ends Q and x and pronounced what was left with a long "a" ending sound, (you-want-taa). Had it since then. I used to tell girls on dates that it was my honorary "Indian Name" and if they asked what it meant I'd say "Good Wood"...some laughed, some didn't get it, and others ran away! lol
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:57 pm

I had just watched the movie "My Cousin Vinny" for about the 10th time when I joined the site and I thought to myself, I'll just change it to Vanny to make sense on this site.

How did you come up with your nickname??? - Page 2 Vinny10

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    Vantucky
    Vantucky

Number of posts : 112
    Registration date : 2015-05-14

Post by Vantucky Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:45 pm

Van= ...
    Tucky.
    I live in Ventura,California a small beach town that is a little bit countryish. In attitude at least. Ventura's nickname is ventucky. So I just changed it. Could have been vantura also. Who knows. Cheers.
    RF Man
    RF Man

Number of posts : 120
    Registration date : 2014-03-14

Post by RF Man Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:41 am

My handle "RF Man" transends most of my life with two meanings. First as a kid I was really into Big Daddy Ed Roth> I started doing "Rat Fink" everything---thus RF. I did models, cars, posters, art work---everything. Ironically, as I grew up and and trained in electronics with my specialty in RF engineering---I became RF Man. I worked on high powered transmitters my whole life while pursuing my true passion----building hot rods and "rat" rods the entire time. My latest project has been a 61 E Pup. That's what brought me here. Since I've built every thing imaginable, I'm on every car forum out there as "RF Man" To my car friends I'm Rat Fink Man.
    Mike
    westcoastvanner
    westcoastvanner

Number of posts : 1686
    Registration date : 2008-10-04

Post by westcoastvanner Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:25 am

I live on the west coast and I'm a vanner…
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:14 am

"Twinpilot001" Having been a commercial pilot for some years- Flying mostly -Twin Engine aircraft.
    AzDon
    AzDon

Number of posts : 742
    Registration date : 2014-01-20

Post by AzDon Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:28 pm

My son helped me build a v-drive boat website in 1997 and we wanted it to come up near the top of websearches and figured AzDon would have an alphabetical advantage...... My name is Don and I live in Arizona, soooo.......AzDon's Ultimate V-Drive Page was born!
    Eventually we bought a domain name and V-Driveboat.Com will celebrate 20 years next year.......I had become known by the screen name and used it everywhere I went on the internet, so that's who I am!
    mnghost
    mnghost

Number of posts : 64
    Registration date : 2013-08-28

Post by mnghost Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:28 pm

I used the CB handle Midnight Ghost in the 70's when I had my first van. When I joined this forum I thought it would be only right to bring it back only shortened to mnghost.
    Nick
    Nick

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2010-08-20

Post by Nick Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:47 pm

Nick short for Nicholas. You'd be amazed how hard it is to actually get to use your name now a days. Mines almost always taken.
    mattimuss
    mattimuss

Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2009-05-04

Post by mattimuss Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:04 pm

While serving in the Air Force in Turkey one of my friends nicknamed me "Mattimuss"...it stuck. Pretty soon everyone was calling me that.

We're still friends after all these years.
    VanHoosierdaddies
    VanHoosierdaddies

Number of posts : 97
    Registration date : 2015-12-28

Post by VanHoosierdaddies Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:22 am

Who's your daddy?  A lot of people think I like Hoosier basketball, haha not at all.  I played on a hockey team and our beer league name was Hoosierdaddies, I use something similar to this on all the sites I'm on, for this one Van added to the front made sense, I like to pronounce it Von, sounds better.  Haha

Last edited by VanHoosierdaddies on Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    Vangoat
    Vangoat

Number of posts : 58
    Registration date : 2015-06-24

Post by Vangoat Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:56 pm

My nickname came about after I restored my 1965 GTO 3 years ago and then decided last year to buy a Van, Walaa "Vangoat"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:45 am