VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+39
mnghost
AzDon
westcoastvanner
RF Man
Vantucky
vanny
uante
Rayallen
Casimier
66ThunderVan
toad
Jay 13
whopman
mcfly
Lazarusvan
Vanadian
slowflapper
m1dadio
Linoman
dix
Zuffen
bumpbug
BvrWally
BajaCharlie
66BC
DanTheVanMan
Roman
wideload
Nightmoves
RodStRace
Big W
Digz
itruns
Donn
Twinpilot001
cl350rr
Vanish
G-Man
HandiVanMan
43 posters

How did you come up with your nickname???

HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Number of posts : 1868
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

How did you come up with your nickname??? Empty How did you come up with your nickname???

Post by HandiVanMan Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:13 pm

I often wonder how all of the members came up with their nicknames.... I thought that I would start a thread on how all of our members came up with their nickname and if there is a meaning for it???
    I will start it off by how I came up with mine... I saw DanTheVanMan's nick name & thought it was cool so kinda borrowed the VanMan from Dan!!! I hope that he don't sue me for copy right infringement lol!
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

How did you come up with your nickname??? Empty Re: How did you come up with your nickname???

Post by G-Man Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:27 pm

All my vans have been "G" series van hence the name G-Man
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

How did you come up with your nickname??? Empty Re: How did you come up with your nickname???

Post by Vanish Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:36 pm

For Me .. There was a 3 'erd Gen Chevy van in my town when I was a Kid .. That said Vanish on the side of it .. Looked really Good .. it just kind of stuck ... and when I needed a screen Name .. I thought why not !!!!

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:37 pm

Getting out and cooking over an open fire, fishing, fresh air, cold beer and old cars...What can I say, I'm a campin'fool who also loves vintage tin.

How did you come up with your nickname??? DSC_0785
    cl350rr
    cl350rr

Number of posts : 287
    Registration date : 2011-07-31

Post by cl350rr Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:44 pm

mine came from a race bike I built years ago, i use it alot
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

How did you come up with your nickname??? Empty My Handle-??

Post by Twinpilot001 Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:04 pm

well?? Im just about like "Campin Fool" as I always have enjoyed the same -yet with Guns also- yet my nickname comes from mant years / hours = as a commercial piloy driving twin engine piper navajos =Pa=31 stuff!!thru any weather god & nature could dish out. always by my self & usually readin some kinda Hot Rod magazine on "auto-pilot" also - hehe - im blessed too having lived thru all the weather, Ice , thunderstorms, even some hurricanes !!= Still Takes = two fans to keep me cool!! likely should add ive driven aircraft from piper cubs to 727 boeing jets to lears . heeh I do miss all too.OH well - gettin old lead me to campin, shootin & vanning!!=Happy Vannin
    Donn
    Donn

Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Post by Donn Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:20 pm

It was my Mother's idea Very Happy
    itruns
    itruns

Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2008-07-03

Post by itruns Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:02 pm

I was trying to get Yahoo Groups to accept some kind of username. Tried several names and they were all rejected. I had just gotten the rust bucket parts van drivable, so I entered 'itruns' and got accepted!

Could not believe how totally easy it was to join this and other forum message boards after going through that gauntlet.

btw - my other username is 'AlwaysSober' which confuses the HELL out of that board's users.

Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:03 pm

I've been workin' in dirt all my life. Since I got on the internet in the late 90's I've been Digger or Digz no matter where I was.. just to lazy to change it up,,lol
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:08 pm

Big W...It's the first letter of my name (capital letter W) or Big W. My wife said it's meens something else... but we won't go there...lol.
    itruns
    itruns

Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2008-07-03

Post by itruns Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:44 pm

Big W wrote:Big W...It's the first letter of my name (capital letter W) or Big W. My wife said it's meens something else... but we won't go there...lol.

Thank you for not going there Laughing
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:05 pm

Does it have something to do with 4 palm trees? Laughing
    How did you come up with your nickname??? Mad-mad-big-w
    I've had various nicknames over the years. When it came to picking a screen name for a forum years ago, I decided that I wanted an avitar and name that sort of went together and covered my interests. I chose a character from Spinal Tap that looks sort of like me (Derek Smalls) and used another character's name (David Saint or St. Hubbins) as a basis for the nickname.
    I've got a Rod project ('40 Plymouth) a Street car (shortened to St.) and a Race car (71 cuda), hence Rod St Race. I use it on various car forums.
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:08 pm

I've worked midnights most of my life.A huge fan of Bob Seger,and own a '60 Impala(which he mentions in the song) Night Moves.So,it all fits together.
    wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 1388
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Post by wideload Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:33 pm

I got mine from the guy's I worked with back in '73. Was building an addition to the back of my tool box to keep my welding helmet in, went to lunch and when I came back someone had written WIDELOAD across the back of the box. It just kind of stuck. Funny that back then I didn't weigh but 160#'s.

Roman
    Roman

Number of posts : 822
    Registration date : 2010-09-10

Post by Roman Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:57 pm

It's just me...
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7899
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:20 pm

HandiVanMan wrote:I often wonder how all of the members came up with their nicknames.... I thought that I would start a thread on how all of our members came up with their nickname and if there is a meaning for it???
    I will start it off by how I came up with mine... I saw DanTheVanMan's nick name & thought it was cool so kinda borrowed the VanMan from Dan!!! I hope that he don't sue me for copy right infringement lol!

Think your safe on that one! Hahaha! Kinda honored really!

DanTheVanMan was given to me. Had one in High school, had another in college, one while in the Army, now two of them because I'm retired and have the time.

Always had one, always will!

When you grow up in a small town in Michigan, nick-names tend to stick with you for life!!

Dan-TheVanMan Very Happy

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

How did you come up with your nickname??? Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    66BC
    66BC

Number of posts : 159
    Registration date : 2010-01-05

Post by 66BC Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:38 pm

66BC stands for 66BeachCruiser. I use 66BeachCruiser as the username at VCVC and just shortened it when I got over here. I'd really like to change it to the complete name so it could be the same on both sites but I don't know how or if I can. 66BeachCruiser is strictly for the 66 Sportvan that got passed down to me from my dad, which I still own. It always carried a custom wooden camping style interior with a fabricated freeway cruiser type top. I love cruising the beach down here in Los Angeles, especially in anything vintage. Can't wait till the day when she is prestine, white walls, chrome, shiny turquosy color and white ragtop so I can be even prouder cruising her down the coast...and camping of course.
    BajaCharlie
    BajaCharlie

Number of posts : 619
    Registration date : 2010-01-07

Post by BajaCharlie Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:42 pm

from my Baja Bug that I daily drove for several years.
    BvrWally
    BvrWally

Number of posts : 946
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by BvrWally Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:23 pm

We had everyone in our club wanting "Chenille" lettered back patches for their club jackets & vests. When they arrived, since they were done in "Old English" script, they were some what hard to read!!!!!! One of our members said, "Beaver Walley Vans!" I took it for my screen name, as an alias!!!! Thought it somewhat appropriate, since I had ordered the patches????? lol Remind me to get a photo of it!!!!!
    B.W. Smile
    bumpbug

Number of posts : 147
    Registration date : 2010-01-16

Post by bumpbug Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:33 pm

I have one of those big 4 seat off road cars with plenty of suspension that is also street legal. Love to go fast across the desert, we use to put 500 miles on it in a weekend in the dirt. We would camp at barstow ca and head to state-line ( Primm ) have lunch and fill up and head back 99% through the desert in one day plus other places. The buggy had a big VW motor in it so bumpbug was what I have used for years. My other one is funtrkr, for my 4X4 vehicles I have owned. I had the personalized ca. plates for a long time and let them go when I got tired paying the extra fee's for it. Still have the original blue and yellow plates in my garage.
    Zuffen
    Zuffen

Number of posts : 165
    Registration date : 2011-07-28

Post by Zuffen Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:13 am

Zuffen is the first half of Zuffenhausen, where Porsches are built.

My wife owned a 1971 911 for almost 20 years and I use the car's nickname as my user name as it's easy or me to remember and the car prompts me to remember my password.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8726
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:58 am

easy one here my last name is Dixon so Dix. kept it simple

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:39 am

dix wrote:easy one here my last name is Dixon so Dix. kept it simple

Could you please elaborate on that a little bit for us??? Very Happy
    Linoman
    Linoman

Number of posts : 329
    Registration date : 2010-06-14

Post by Linoman Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:04 am

I spent 25yrs in the flooring industry where I specialized in the installation of real linoleum, the more complicated the better,hence Linoman. When I get to doing the interior of the Super8 it will have a custom linoleum floor & maybe door inserts.
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Number of posts : 1868
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

Post by HandiVanMan Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:26 am

I to had a nickname & was called other names by my friends & family when I was growing up in Georgia... Some of them ok & some of them not so ok!!! Most of the not so ok caused a few ass whippings lol!
    These days I still have my nickname that my family & friends call me along with the badnames!!! I guess no matter what state or country that you live in or are from all of us has nicknames or atleast has been called a few names lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:11 am