VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Interior upgrade on my 61 pick up

Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Interior upgrade on my 61 pick up Empty Interior upgrade on my 61 pick up

Post by Magic Bus Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:24 pm

Been many months in the upgrade. Lots of elbow grease, paint, time and parts.

Also repaired a dent by the passenger headlight for my first real crack at some body work.

Thanks to Fred Carello for the interior carpet pieces, look great and Fred is a great guy to work with and buy stuff from, He is veteran Econoline lover and has many parts to keep these babies on the road.

A local upholsterer did my seats, two tone, black and charcoal, pleated vinyl..Joe Owens.

Ted Johns makes and sells the aluminum carpet trim strips at the door edge Very nice product as well.

I fixed the dent, cleaned and painted the floorboard, removed the old nasty insulation in the doghouse and replaced with the self sticking roof repair sold at home depot. Cleaned and painted the battery box and put in new cables. Also repainted the doghouse to match the seats two tone.

You can see in the pix the original instrument cluster was pretty bad shape and full of dirt. Thanks to somebody on here for the inspiration on that and I gave it a cleaning and a facelift. Repairing the gas guage along the way, apparently it was the ground at the tank which was keeping it from working.

Did alot of other stuff while I was in there, new carb, new heater hoses, thermostat, etc...

Thanks to my daughter Angela for painting the phrase on the radiator bracket!

Click on pix for full size shots..

Interior upgrade on my 61 pick up Comple10

Interior upgrade on my 61 pick up Driver10

Interior upgrade on my 61 pick up Passen10

Interior upgrade on my 61 pick up Origin10

Look at the dirt in there. 50 years worth, and the oil, gen lens were dropped out and the high beam indicator was gone as well as one of the turn signal green lenses!

Interior upgrade on my 61 pick up Dirty_10

Interior upgrade on my 61 pick up Instru10
    Interior upgrade on my 61 pick up Doghou10
    Close up of the doghouse and instrument panel paint color

Interior upgrade on my 61 pick up Charco10
    Carpet before installing with heel pad sewn in, looks really nice....

Interior upgrade on my 61 pick up Floor_10

Interior upgrade on my 61 pick up Engine10

Im getting closer

Last edited by Magic Bus on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Interior upgrade on my 61 pick up Empty Re: Interior upgrade on my 61 pick up

Post by Vanish Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:30 pm

Wow ... is that ever Nice . Great Work ... Hope mine can Look At least half as Good when I am Done with it !!! Are Those Stock econo Seats ?? They Sure Look GOOD !!!!

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:45 pm

That looks great. I will have to get those edge strips from Ted
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:29 pm

That is super sweet !! Nice work !
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:34 pm

I've been wondering how the progress was going on your pickup. It's really looking great.

Duane in Tennessee
    Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Post by Magic Bus Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:46 pm

Thanks fellas , those are the original seats, well the frames anyway, but the upholsterer pretty much stripped and rebuilt them..
    Interior upgrade on my 61 pick up Seat_f10
    Original frames, painted...

at the upholsterer's shop.....

Interior upgrade on my 61 pick up Uphols10
    whopman
    whopman

Number of posts : 387
    Registration date : 2010-04-01

Post by whopman Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:51 am

that is awesome ! Excellent work !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:39 am