VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+7
Bear
Big W
donivan65
Scott
mbasaraba
DanTheVanMan
G-Man
11 posters

Anyone ever try this as a gastank replacement?

Staypuff68

Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2011-03-02

Anyone ever try this as a gastank replacement? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone ever try this as a gastank replacement?

Post by Staypuff68 Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:15 pm

mbasaraba wrote:
    Staypuff68 wrote:I have a 2nd gen 24 gallon tank, with some small holes along the top, that I would be willing to send for a template. I replaced it with a 2nd gen 16 gallon tank that I got from a guy parting out a 67.

Where are you located? Is it an arm and a leg to ship these?

I am stationed at Fort Lee but live in Chester, Va.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8735
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Anyone ever try this as a gastank replacement? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone ever try this as a gastank replacement?

Post by dix Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:02 pm

Try this. go to a local napa parts store ask them to look up the gas tank. I'm sure they won't have any thing. Then ask to look at the book they have after that ask for one of last year's books. If they have it they can give it up. As long as they have a newer version. That book is about 100 pages of tanks. With all the photo's and measurements.it's a lot easier to find somthing to work...

Post by Guest Sat May 26, 2012 3:10 pm

I actually had a custom aluminum tank made for the van. I'm waiting for it so show up now. Expensive, but hopefully will last longer than I do!
    vanner68
    vanner68

Number of posts : 655
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by vanner68 Mon May 28, 2012 10:16 am

The interior of the tank isn't very fancy, just some baffling.

Rock Auto lists one for the P30 step van, look similar.

Anyone ever try this as a gastank replacement? - Page 2 FG117A_TOP_P04

$40.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 29, 2024 4:22 pm