VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+3
DanTheVanMan
G-Man
Vanish
7 posters

Funny Thing about an Early Van .....

Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Funny Thing about an Early Van .....  Empty Funny Thing about an Early Van .....

Post by Vanish Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:41 pm

Funny Thing about having a Early van is .. You can Drive it almost anywhere ... and Not see another one .... You Park some where and some one wants to talk to you about it ... You all Know what I'm Talking about ... ( I used to have one of those Type Thing ....) But the Cool Thing is when They Tell ya ... Hey I know were a Van Like that one is ..... and the Guy wants to sell it Cheep !!! NOW THEY GOT MY ATTENTION..... Love it when that Happens ...... Ever Happen to You ??????

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Funny Thing about an Early Van .....  Empty Re: Funny Thing about an Early Van .....

Post by G-Man Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:53 am

I hear that all the time, or they tell me I seen one for sale the other day
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Funny Thing about an Early Van .....  Empty Re: Funny Thing about an Early Van .....

Post by DanTheVanMan Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:54 am

Yep, Me too! They tell me about the one they used to have and how much they loved it! I get the " I saw one for sale on the side of the road" a lot but can never seem to find it when I go looking....

I get the "Honk & Thumbs-Up!" just about every day... Yeah, It's a cool feeling and reminds me how unique these vans are.....

Dan

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Funny Thing about an Early Van .....  Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:27 pm

yea i get the thumbs up a lot and it's about time someone fixed one of these up... and a lot of the 50 year old women will not get near it. you can tell they had some vanning history that they don't want to bring up......
    Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Post by Magic Bus Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:47 pm

dix wrote:. and a lot of the 50 year old women will not get near it. you can tell they had some vanning history that they don't want to bring up......

I know one of those... Very Happy

EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Number of posts : 1109
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by EconoCarl Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:46 pm

Or when you're driving down the highway minding your own business and you notice a car/truck/whatever "pacing" beside you. You finally look over and the people were just waiting for you to look at them so they could wave/thumbs up/peace sign to you! Then off they go.
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:49 pm

Yeah guys but for every one of those there are 10,000 that wish they had one!!!

Vintage van owners are a unique breed and I for one am proud to be one!!!!!

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Funny Thing about an Early Van .....  Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    Lazarusvan
    Lazarusvan

Number of posts : 1293
    Registration date : 2011-02-22

Post by Lazarusvan Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:24 pm

DanTheVanMan wrote:Yeah guys but for every one of those there are 10,000 that wish they had one!!!

Vintage van owners are a unique breed and I for one am proud to be one!!!!!

I was that guy. I saw an A100 window van with hand painted graphics and was amazed. I had passed him, slowed down going over our big bridge, and he still never caught up. I now know, of course, that he probably was going as fast as he could!) I had gotten his business phone number off the van and did one of those "You don't know me, but I passed your van.."

About a week or two later, I saw the same guy again, followed him to the gas station and went inside to introduce myself. He proceeded to tell me how much he loved it and how the slant 6 was bullet proof, easy to get parts, etc. He said that I needed to look out West in Cali or Arizona and that they were on the interntet. That's how I found this site (which I'm not sure he knows about.)

Now I am a junky looking for his fix and found a way to convince my wife this was a good way to haul crap and promote our business. She agreed...The crazy thing is that I don't ever remember having that feeling of WANT for any other car other than newer exotic cars, etc. Haven't seen that guy again. The van Gods must have wanted me to have a van.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 12:27 pm