VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

A/C testing & recharging

Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

A/C  testing  & recharging Empty A/C testing & recharging

Post by Twinpilot001 Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:24 pm

Just a thought from my old "Think Tank" on Airconditioning that isnt getting cold-like we all do or have done get it recharged. I discovered this by accident on my cars one time & now do it on every system i charge or re-charge . The 1st thing any a/c man does is put his gagues on the vehicle and see how much freon is in it. we know the gas has escaped -but where did it (the leakage) come from? The ac repairman checks the system, shows no leak & recharges - you pay the money & off we go in cool air. Works fine for a month or so and soon is getting warmer again in the vehicle. Heres the Thingy!!= Where the gagues are hooked up -in the high & low pressure ports there are actual valve cores in there - these are different that the valve stem cores in our tires. To do a recharge correctly - have the ac repairman remove these & install new ones!! or - at least TIGHTEN them UP!! Thats a usual leakage area & most all miss that . Happy Vannin Rolling Eyes
    bugeye bob
    bugeye bob

Number of posts : 383
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

A/C  testing  & recharging Empty Re: A/C testing & recharging

Post by bugeye bob Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:45 am

Thanks for the tip twinpilot I have a leak in my silverado p/u never thought about the ports thats my next place to check.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:36 pm

My Pleasure - many a good recharge A/C tach has missed that one affraid

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:52 am