VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+5
Roman
dix
G-Man
blackace
RodStRace
9 posters

Mission Impossible? Need your help!

Mission Impossible? Need your help! Empty Mission Impossible? Need your help!

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2011 5:29 am

Howdy Folks,

I'm very happy to have found this forum!

I have a goal you see, I want to find a vintage van in daily driver/presentable condition that is near me in Houston to add as my 2nd van (driving a 1990 ply voyager now) before college starts on March 31st!

I've been scouring all the adds I can find, but have not found anything yet. I'd prefer a nice A100 window van, or A108 for taking to the beach on the weekends, but I'll take what I can get!

Can anyone help me make this dream come true?

I'd hate to have to settle for something off a used car lot with no character.. and I'd prefer to keep another olde on the road instead as well.

Please let me know! Smile

-Tad
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Mission Impossible? Need your help! Empty Re: Mission Impossible? Need your help!

Post by RodStRace Thu May 26, 2011 6:16 am

Welcome to the site.
    You can see that many posts from all over are here, showing vans that are for sale. Most are not fully up to daily driver presentable condition, but there are plenty that are to choose from. Good luck on the search! There have been many posts about what to look for when you find a candidate, and you can ask questions here too.
    blackace
    blackace

Number of posts : 450
    Registration date : 2010-09-16

Mission Impossible? Need your help! Empty Re: Mission Impossible? Need your help!

Post by blackace Thu May 26, 2011 6:19 am

Even if you find something that is not in your area, you can still have it shipped to you so it is not much out of your daily schedule. Makes getting a good one over one that is ok.

Welcome to the site.

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2011 6:41 am

Thanks - I've been looking as much as possible to find something near by. I figured maybe someone here would know of something that I can't see online Smile

I would really like to keep another one of the old vans going, but I've really exhausted all search options at this point and have not been able to find anything close enough to get... shipping is going for about $1 a mile right now too.

Anyone have one in their collection they would like to see go to a good home?
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Thu May 26, 2011 12:52 pm

Welcome to site!!!! Just keep your eye open on the for sale section, we'll find you one
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8732
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Thu May 26, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2011 3:03 pm

looks a little too rough to park at my work Sad

I used to have a 10 acre farm to play on, but now living in an APT 1200+ miles away from the land.. can't take on projects anymore, not big ones anyways Smile
    Roman
    Roman

Number of posts : 822
    Registration date : 2010-09-10

Post by Roman Thu May 26, 2011 10:19 pm

What's your budget?

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2011 5:20 am

Approx 2-6k , I'd like to find something in the middle of that, of course if it's really nice and catches my eye.. that's another story Smile

Only requirements are that it's nice enough to park at work and not get crap from the boss, and can handle houston rush hour traffic.

A/C would be awesome..

I like windows if possible, camper would be pretty cool ( I want something to take to the beach on weekends ) and my fav colors are white/blue or white/red I grew up with a 1972 full sized Plymouth voyager 'prospector' can't even find photos of those much anymore.. it was white with blue stripes in the middle. Loved that thing. would be neat to find a van with the same scheme.

slant six would be great, v8 if nothing else.

not to picky.. only problem is I need it by Tuesday when school starts up again. I don't mind driving a few hours to get it.

I'd hate to have to go to a use car lot and buy a plastic import Sad So if anyone has something stashed away please let me know!

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2011 12:20 pm

It's not looking good so far.. would need to find something this weekend.. sigh..
    austinmodhouse
    austinmodhouse

Number of posts : 575
    Registration date : 2010-07-30

Post by austinmodhouse Fri May 27, 2011 12:54 pm

aw c'mon badtad! that a100 in cleburne was priced well. all you gotta do for the short term is rub it w/ a bit of naval jelly, then rattle can the crap out if w/ flat black primer and if that isn't good enough for your "boss" I'd say you need a new job.

I mean, you came on short notice asking for a miracle. if this is the place, I'd like somebody to come R&R the engine in my van, I'd be real appreciative. or maybe a few winning lottery numbers would be swell too.

ok, I'm being sarcastic. summer has just begun and I'm heading out! have a margarita waiting on me at pedernales. airstream loaded and pushing off. ... soon as the wife gets home.

if that a100 was a ford, the wife would have me buying it. good enough for my wife, good enough for your boss. he wants you to have a nicer rig, he can increase the pay. (I'm on a roll here)

best of luck! if anybody in tx has a nice falcon/window van that is sub $1-2k and it aint good enough for badtad, I'll buy it!

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2011 1:14 pm

hahaha

Sorry, for the short notice.

I wish I would have found the A100 style sooner. I never noticed it before, but now that I have I don't want anything else Smile

My only 'requirement' for work is that it has a good coat of paint on it. We sell six figure CNC machines and some things just have to look good. No getting around it.. I love my job very much and am going to college for engineering certifications to move up a notch in the next year or two.

Given the fact that I've been driving a 90 ply voyager with blue sparkle paint, white racing stripes and shaved door handles to work for the last 1.5 years I think they are being pretty forgiving.. granted I park in the back.. Smile

I think I'll end up having to get a 90's jeep to get through.. but if anyone comes up with a nice A100/E100 or maybe a G10 in the mean time I'm game!
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Fri May 27, 2011 2:26 pm

Trying to find one in a week in your area won't happen in a week, there are some nices one out there now, but you would have to travel to get them or have them shipped

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2011 2:37 pm

Understandable, but disappointing Smile

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2011 2:43 pm

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Fri May 27, 2011 3:03 pm

looks like a nice one
    austinmodhouse
    austinmodhouse

Number of posts : 575
    Registration date : 2010-07-30

Post by austinmodhouse Fri May 27, 2011 3:34 pm

nice wheels, and I love the white w/ red interior. is that a long wheelbase?

this is the moment badtad… that looks like a driver!
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Fri May 27, 2011 5:03 pm

Thats a nice one in conroe & very close to you.

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2011 6:20 pm

I asked for better photos.. I did have my heart set on an A100 though and this is at the tippy top of the price range..hurm.
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Fri May 27, 2011 7:43 pm

Here's a real nice A that's for sale locally. I've seen this one in person and can vouch for it. It's a very solid original A with a factory 318 auto. It just ended tonight with no bids. Give Josh a call and see if you two can come to an agreement. I have some detail shots of it if you are interested. I may even have a way to get it to Texas if you can make a deal on it pretty quick. I'm leaving for Texas next Saturday. Just a thought if you are looking for a nice driver A.

Duane in Tennessee.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140552176025&viewitem=&sspagename

Sorry Fergot the link. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by econopoor on Fri May 27, 2011 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Fri May 27, 2011 7:44 pm

He may take $5000 You can always ask.

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2011 7:47 pm

Hey Duane,

Sorry the link is missing?

Could you send the photos my way? I'm in the spring branch area of Houston, TX btw.

Looking forward to the link!

Post by Guest Sat May 28, 2011 10:30 am

I really like that one, I used to have a 1970's full size Plymouth voyager with the same color scheme!

Can you give me as much information/photos as possible? What do you think he would sell it for?

Thanks!!
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Sat May 28, 2011 3:39 pm

Well, I can't speak for Josh. Just give him a call at the number in the ebay ad. Maybe you two can work out a deal. Did you get the link that I sent in a PM last night?

Duane in Tennessee.

Post by Guest Sat May 28, 2011 7:11 pm

I got the photos , Thanks!

It looks like it I would need to go thru everything.. new paint, weather stripping, head liner, carpet, etc and most of the trim is held on with rusty screws.

I wouldn't mind fixing it up if it was priced better!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:07 am