VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Another shock absorber topic

BADBADGER
    BADBADGER

Number of posts : 246
    Registration date : 2009-05-15

Another shock absorber topic Empty Another shock absorber topic

Post by BADBADGER Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:11 am

After looking at the posted info on shocks for an A100 67 I decided to go with kg5430 all the way around. When I recd the shocks the bushing in the grommet will not fit the rear of the van at all. The lower stock mounts are too big in diameter for the bushings, also the top shock bushing will not fit into the mounting frame as it sticks out from the side of the grommet about 3/8 inch on each side.
    The front shocks will fit on the lower mount but again will not fit on the top mount. It is possible to remove the bushings and or trim the bushing down. Im reluctant to alter the shocks if there is a better fit available in the KYB line. Any suggestions. While im waiting for replys Im going to try reaching KYB.
    kiwimopar
    kiwimopar

Number of posts : 744
    Registration date : 2010-01-23

Another shock absorber topic Empty Re: Another shock absorber topic

Post by kiwimopar Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:53 am

I had trouble with my rears as well. My 'replacements' were sourced initially from a US Parts chain store (can't remember which one now). Ended up using a pair for an Australian Falcon (FA 15-0509), with different bushes . But if I remember right, there was a bit of searching to fing the bushes, but nothing was chopped.

http://www.eziautoparts.com.au/gt-gas-with-reflex-shock-absorber-15-0509.html

Remember these prices are Australian dolllars (which is about the same in US dollars right now.
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Post by benwah Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:33 pm

NAPA air shocks - (rear) ma704dc00067 Gabriel - (rear) 82065 Gabriel - (front) 62064

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:24 pm