VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

reverse air breather or whatever its called...

reverse air breather or whatever its called... Empty reverse air breather or whatever its called...

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:51 pm

hey to everybody,
    i have a 'little" problem with my air breather that is too hight, so i can't close the lid, so any of you 'G' guys has that reverse air breather for a six inline? i would apreciate if you could give me the dimensions, and maybe a picture, maybe i could find one(if it fit) and fit it until i find something else...thers a picture of my problem Rolling Eyes thanks alot( by the way its for a 1979 carter 2 baril bbd) [img]http[url=https://servimg.com/view/14121836/27]reverse air breather or whatever its called... Super_30://i22.servimg.com/u/f22/14/12/18/36/super_29.jpg[/img][/url]t...2corrosive4u
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

reverse air breather or whatever its called... Empty Re: reverse air breather or whatever its called...

Post by donivan65 Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:56 pm

This one?

reverse air breather or whatever its called... Repai116

reverse air breather or whatever its called... Repai117

reverse air breather or whatever its called... Repai118

reverse air breather or whatever its called... Empty Re: reverse air breather or whatever its called...

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:09 pm

is there a diferente model, i thought it was smaller?

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:05 pm

think he's looking for a mopar air cleaner for their slant sixes donivan!
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:31 pm

But he could be asking for a G type to see if it would fit,,,,,,,
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:15 am

Yes, he's interested in alternatives to the A air cleaner.
    Thanks for the detailed photos AGAIN, donivan!
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:20 am

The 6 cylinder Chevy Van air cleaner is probably one of the worst ever invented,,,,,,,That intake snorkle opening is about 1 1/4",,,,,,,,and it points to the radiator tank which sends it HOT air,,,,,,,,,I sure am thinking of running a flex hose or ducting down to get more and cooler air,,,,,,,but it sure is crowded in my doghouse,,,,,,,,,,,,

reverse air breather or whatever its called... Repai119
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:17 pm

Just a thought....but could you modify the dog house lid cross member to go around the air breather you have now? or does that seem like work not needed?...now I am thinking is that why the lid won't close?
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:16 am

How much to high is it?,, wondering what the odds of finding a shorter element and cutting the bonnet down to match ?

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:05 am

hey guys ,well, my present air breather is touching my choke rod, so i had to lift it with a spacer,but now it touche the lid, i removed the spacer and it still touch the crossmember, and i still need a something to go 2.625 to smaller to fit the air breather, i thought there were a model for the slant six or did i dream of it??? i dont know where i saw that,, but i know i've seen that...and Donivan, i see what yo mean by your air breather sucking hot air,..... but the one i'm talking about is going in the back just over the starter, .., modifying the lid or the dog house is not an option, there is something out there, thanks for helping me guys...corrosive

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:37 pm