VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

Econoline Re Wire .............

Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Econoline Re Wire ............. Empty Econoline Re Wire .............

Post by Vanish Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:50 pm

I will be rewiring My 64 Econoline ... And was wondering .... who's wiring kit you have used ??? and were did You Mount the Fuse panel - Block ??? and How Many circuits should you get ???? THANKS' ......................

Econoline Re Wire ............. Empty Re: Econoline Re Wire .............

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:27 am

This is the kit I used on my '62 Chevy PU. It was a breeze. It may not be as complete and "plug and play" as a Ron Francis or Painless kit, but it's about 1/3 the price. If you can do simple solder connections and don't mind buying some connectors from the auto parts store, this kit works great.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EZ-WIRING-21-CIRCUIT-WIRING-HARNESS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem483fec6a00QQitemZ310310103552QQptZVintageQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

As for where to mount it, I'm thinking of doing mine and mounting it to the side of the vent box that's next to the driver's side headlight. Always get one with more circuits than you need. You'll be amazed how many times you'll want to add an accessory later and have to find a lead for it. With this kit, you'll have way more than enough.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:14 am