VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
EconoCarl
Magic Bus
6 posters

Anybody got a part# or source for Air Shocks for an Econoline?

Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Anybody got a part# or source for Air Shocks for an Econoline? Empty Anybody got a part# or source for Air Shocks for an Econoline?

Post by Magic Bus Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:16 pm

Ive checked the parts stores...Ive looked at Gabriel and Monroes online catalogues...Ive searched here and on google...I can't seem to find em anywhere...Anybody?
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Number of posts : 1109
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Anybody got a part# or source for Air Shocks for an Econoline? Empty Re: Anybody got a part# or source for Air Shocks for an Econoline?

Post by EconoCarl Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:06 pm

I hope you find 'em. I tried a while back with no success.

Nice avitar, BTW.
    m1dadio
    m1dadio
    Chevy Guru

Number of posts : 1778
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

Anybody got a part# or source for Air Shocks for an Econoline? Empty Re: Anybody got a part# or source for Air Shocks for an Econoline?

Post by m1dadio Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:06 pm

I'm not a ford guy but a quick make use of the Napa on line search engine comes up with

NS MA728 for the rear

http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?R=NS_MA728_0199131617

M1D
    Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Post by Magic Bus Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:22 am

Im gonna call napa back today...Im guessing you found those using a falcon? Cuz there is no econoline listed on their search engine..? Thanks
    Casimier
    Casimier

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-07-26

Post by Casimier Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:43 am

I've got air shocks on my donor.
    I'll look at em tomorow.
    Jim
    StuNami
    StuNami

Number of posts : 437
    Registration date : 2010-12-14

Post by StuNami Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:29 am

I have a part number for the Hi-Jackers. I am out of town at the moment and it's at home. This is not a part number for the econos but if you look at the gas shock specs that fit the rear, and then look in the back of the catalog for specs on the air shocks, you will find some that are very close to the same lentgh and travel. I have not bought them yet but they'll fit.
    m1dadio
    m1dadio
    Chevy Guru

Post by m1dadio Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:45 am

No , MB you use the napa site to look up regulare shocks for your application. There search engine goes back to about 1940. When you get a page of shocks you click on one and it brings you to the specs and data page. You print that data and then go back to the "no particular vehicle" search and search "air shocks". You then have to click on each air shock to look at its specs and data until you find the one that fits the same. Thats the way I find parts like this.
    You cannot relie on search engines buy make and model, computers have a way of genneralizing searches and going to things that sound the same, the older you are searching for the more the conputers data stream will mix it up.

M1D
    Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Post by Magic Bus Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:20 pm

M1, I compared the specs on the part # you posted to the specs on the standard rear shocks for the 61 econo e100 1/2 ton van... but none of the specs are matching up...ie mount type...compressed length.. extended length etc...am I overlooking something?

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:45 pm

here are the numbers on the air shocks on my brothers Econo

MA768
    PO18Z

Last edited by vanishingbreed on Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:52 pm

they are Monroe Max Air
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:41 pm

YOU CAN TAKE A SHOCK TO NAPA AND THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO MATCH SOME UP FOR YOU WHILE YOU WAITE. JUST DON'T GO THERE AT THEIR BUSY TIME OF DAY.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:00 pm

There are a lot of places selling them online. Just google
    Monroe Max air768
    m1dadio
    m1dadio
    Chevy Guru

Post by m1dadio Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:19 pm

Magic Bus! No you are not overlooking something. I didn't know what year your van was. I think I picked 1967 or something like that just to bring up an example. It is the process I was trying to demonstrate.

Take those parts numbers Vanish posted and run them on the NAPA part number "interchange" search and it will convert to a napa number then you can look up that part with a napa# search to look at specs.

Like this (camr to the same # anyway because the air shocka at NAPA are monro shocks painted white.

http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?R=NS_MA768_0306086134

m1D
    Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Post by Magic Bus Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:36 am

To all who helped out here...THANK YOU!...I knew if I asked you guys would come through...I learned quite a bit here about shock specs...M1..I analyzed napa, gabriel and monroes online shock catalogues..After comparing all the specs it does appear that the # that Mike posted is likely the best bet for a match..

Here is some specs..

Stock rear shock part # 32207

Compressed length.....11 1/4"
    Extended lenth...........17 7/8"
    Travel Length............. 6 5/8"

Monroe Max Air Part# MA 768

Compressed length...... 12"
    Extended length .......18 1/2"
    Travel length ............. 6"

Amazon is likely the cheapest at $59 shipped

Local parts stores want around $80 - $90 with tax and freight..

It appears that there are several sets that would work....keeping in mind that there are slight length/compression differences from one shock to another....ie the gas magnum by monroe has a spec of

Compressed......11 7/8"
    Extended...18 1/8"
    Travel.....6 1/4"

So a half an inch or so isnt likely to matter much......

Ill post back when I get em and compare and get em mounted up..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:08 pm