VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+6
DanTheVanMan
texasjohn
StuNami
Magic Bus
austinmodhouse
boroop
10 posters

Trial run at making some van painting software

boroop
    boroop

Number of posts : 92
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Trial run at making some van painting software Empty Trial run at making some van painting software

Post by boroop Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:52 pm

You can paint your Falcon van and change the rims around just like here: http://www.busselecta.com/bus/

This is a Windows app that need .NET version 4 to work properly. Please remember, it's free and a decent time-waster. Very Happy

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/203467/Falcon-Vanner-Setup.zip (I have no clue how good/bad this file service is, so if it's crappy I'll try to find a different free service to use)

This archive contains a setup program that you need to run and then it will install the program to your hard drive.

Enjoy!

boroop
    boroop

Trial run at making some van painting software Empty Now running online!

Post by boroop Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:39 am

Wow... no replies? So either nobody downloaded and installed the app or everyone hates it and is too polite to criticize.

I'm betting on the first... so, I stuck it up on a web site: http://boroop.webs.com/econopainter.htm

You'll need Silverlight installed, but the page will prompt to install it if it's missing.

Enjoy!
    austinmodhouse
    austinmodhouse

Number of posts : 575
    Registration date : 2010-07-30

Trial run at making some van painting software Empty Re: Trial run at making some van painting software

Post by austinmodhouse Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:49 am

i'm on a mac. oh wait, new web based app does work on mac! it works great. love it.

will grab a screenshot and post

Last edited by austinmodhouse on Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
    boroop
    boroop

Trial run at making some van painting software Empty Re: Trial run at making some van painting software

Post by boroop Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:51 am

Silverlight is cross platform. Very Happy
    Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Post by Magic Bus Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:09 am

I looked at it but am too scaredy cat to download stuff I don't know about?

I would love to try this out cuz Im getting ready to paint mine... The link I clicked on just shows a blue /white econo that says econo painter but I dont see any options to change colors?

Im pretty much program challenged so help me out here... Thanks..
    StuNami
    StuNami

Number of posts : 437
    Registration date : 2010-12-14

Post by StuNami Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:12 am

Works great here. Nice job.
    StuNami
    StuNami

Number of posts : 437
    Registration date : 2010-12-14

Post by StuNami Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:12 am

Works great here. Nice job.
    austinmodhouse
    austinmodhouse

Number of posts : 575
    Registration date : 2010-07-30

Post by austinmodhouse Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:17 am

this took all of about 15 seconds using your program
    Trial run at making some van painting software Amh4400

and below took me about 15 mins on photoshop
    Trial run at making some van painting software Amh4211
    texasjohn
    texasjohn

Number of posts : 672
    Registration date : 2008-06-01

Post by texasjohn Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:13 am

cool, but it would be nice if there were more options to play with
    boroop
    boroop

Post by boroop Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:44 am

Magic Bus wrote:I looked at it but am too scaredy cat to download stuff I don't know about?

Understood... and I can appreciate that sentiment. Smile

The link I clicked on just shows a blue /white econo that says econo painter but I dont see any options to change colors?

Hmmm. There should be some radio buttons and a rudimentary color picker in the lower right hand corner. I'm not sure why you're not seeing them.

Im pretty much program challenged so help me out here... Thanks..

No worries. I was computer illiterate once myself. We all have to start somewhere. if you're seeing the blue van then you've made it past the Silverlight install in your browser! That's a good thing.

I know the app was designed at 800 x 600 pixels so maybe it's just not completely onscreen?

Last edited by boroop on Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    boroop
    boroop

Post by boroop Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:45 am

StuNami wrote:Works great here. Nice job.

Thanks! Now to add another Econoline model.
    boroop
    boroop

Post by boroop Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:47 am

austinmodhouse wrote:...and below took me about 15 mins on photoshop
    Trial run at making some van painting software Amh4211

I actually debated on using that split window paint scheme (where you have the gray & white paint), but wasn't sure if everyone would like it. I may try to incorporate it into a future attempt.
    boroop
    boroop

Post by boroop Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:52 am

texasjohn wrote:cool, but it would be nice if there were more options to play with

Agreed. But I work in a software environment where we put together smaller releases and then add to it. This was not a herculean effort by any means. Just a couple of evenings of hacking away.

The fun part begins now... what options would you like to see? My laundry list follows:

• Add a Super Van
    • Add a panel van
    • Add a pickup truck
    • Add more rims/hubcaps
    • Add mirror selector
    • Fog lights?
    • Camper top?
    • Roof racks?

DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:04 am

* Add a Chevy and Dodge..... lol

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Trial run at making some van painting software Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    boroop
    boroop

Post by boroop Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:33 am

DanTheVanMan wrote:* Add a Chevy and Dodge..... lol

Hmmm. Maybe that's why this one is called the Econoline Painter. Rolling Eyes

lol!
    Sy Hollinshead
    Sy Hollinshead

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-10-11

Post by Sy Hollinshead Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:36 pm

Hey, just found this. Works great here. Any chance of a wider colour selection...? I'm thinking of doing mine either light green or light blue but these aren't available on your colour chart....
    boroop
    boroop

Post by boroop Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:18 am

Sy Hollinshead wrote:Hey, just found this. Works great here. Any chance of a wider colour selection...? I'm thinking of doing mine either light green or light blue but these aren't available on your colour chart....

Great idea. My van is a light minty green right now and I don't care for it myself, which led me to Photoshop and then on to this idea.

I'll see what I can do. Very Happy
    boroop
    boroop

Trial run at making some van painting software Empty Web Site Updated

Post by boroop Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:41 pm

I added a panel van tonight.

The color changes and other modifications apply to both body styles so you can change between van types at any time. The only difference is that the panel van starts out as red and the window van still starts out as blue. It made it easier for me to debug the program as I was writing it. Very Happy

And then I forgot to line the original color choices up. Rolling Eyes So if you only change a couple colors and then change van types, you'll find the problem. Some panels will be your color and the others will be mine (until you updated them). Very Happy
    boroop
    boroop

Trial run at making some van painting software Empty Another weekend update

Post by boroop Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:27 pm

I added a "real" color picker. Now you're no longer limited by my initial color choices... it's wide open!

Enjoy.
    Sy Hollinshead
    Sy Hollinshead

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-10-11

Post by Sy Hollinshead Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:35 pm

Thats fantastic!!! Much better, Any chance you could sort out a downloadable link for that latest version, so i have it on my computer when i need it....?
    Thanks for all your work by the way, very cool....!!!

Sy
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Number of posts : 1109
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by EconoCarl Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:36 am

Thanks for putting this together for us boroop! I think I figured out how to work the painter, now how do I 'save' my completed work (like Austinmodhouse did)?
    boroop
    boroop

Post by boroop Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:17 am

Sy Hollinshead wrote:Thats fantastic!!! Much better, Any chance you could sort out a downloadable link for that latest version, so i have it on my computer when i need it....?

Right now it's one or the other... not both. Crying or Very sad It takes a bit of effort to convert the app between a web page and a Windows executable.

Maybe I'll convert it back to an installable version once it's closer to finished.
    boroop
    boroop

Post by boroop Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:22 am

crowen57 wrote:Thanks for putting this together for us boroop! I think I figured out how to work the painter, now how do I 'save' my completed work (like Austinmodhouse did)?

Currently there's no save option for the image that gets created (maybe an interesting update for later).

But what you can do is take a screenshot (Press the Alt+PrintScreen buttons on your Windows computer at the same time) and paste it into a graphics editor (like the Microsoft Paint program on Windows). Then you can crop it and save it.

Or if you're lucky enough to have Windows 7 installed, you can run the Snipping Tool and drag/drop a box around the painted van and the Sniping Tool will create the image for you. You then just need to pick a spot to save it.
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Number of posts : 1109
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by EconoCarl Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:30 am

boroop wrote:
    crowen57 wrote:Thanks for putting this together for us boroop! I think I figured out how to work the painter, now how do I 'save' my completed work (like Austinmodhouse did)?

Currently there's no save option for the image that gets created (maybe an interesting update for later).

But what you can do is take a screenshot (Press the Alt+PrintScreen buttons on your Windows computer at the same time) and paste it into a graphics editor (like the Microsoft Paint program on Windows). Then you can crop it and save it.

Or if you're lucky enough to have Windows 7 installed, you can run the Snipping Tool and drag/drop a box around the painted van and the Sniping Tool will create the image for you. You then just need to pick a spot to save it.

Thanks!
    boroop
    boroop

Trial run at making some van painting software Empty Another update - another van model

Post by boroop Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:45 pm

I finally got back to playing with/updating the site. I updated the Econoline Painter again by adding a Super Van to the mix.

Unfortunately, I could only find images of super panel vans to base my artwork off of, so if someone has a sample image (shot directly at the side of the van) that shows off factory windows (if there was such an option) I may add another van. Very Happy

But Right now, I think an Econoline pickup will be next. cheers

Thanks for all the feedback and I'm glad that folks are enjoying it.

Cheers,
    Bo

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:27 pm