VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Modelers Corner

Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Modelers Corner Empty Modelers Corner

Post by Nightmoves Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:28 am

I saw today some of the members pics of their models/miniatures.Why not show them off in here? Theres not really a category for that,just like to see some of them.Thanks.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Modelers Corner Empty Re: Modelers Corner

Post by G-Man Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:59 pm

Great idea for a thread!!! I can't take credit for these, got them from wideload over the years. The first two were made from a Burger King toy.
    Modelers Corner Lindy_10

Modelers Corner Lindy_11

Modelers Corner Lindy_12

sorry not the best pictures
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:38 am

thats cool.Thanks G.Way to go Wideload!
    kltcustoms
    kltcustoms

Number of posts : 199
    Registration date : 2008-07-07

Post by kltcustoms Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:48 am

I have two of these I think I might make one into a 8 door mini me dents rust, sidepipes and all...

https://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj52/kltcustoms/?action=view&current=hotwheelsA100.jpg
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:11 am

good idea Moe but unfortunality the model compaines were not very good to the earlies. Of course IMC/Testors/Lindberg did the A-100 pickup and Jimmy Flintstone does a resin van body.

Modelers Corner Dianna003-vi

Modelers Corner Dianna010-vi

A few modelers have scratchbuilt some Econoline pickups but they have not quite captured them. They just don't look like Econolines. I've seen them offered on ebay every now and then. There are some HO scale econo's being done as well. They look good.

Modelers Corner Crappyresin-vi

Johnny Lightning did a LRW diecast A-100 in 1/24th and 1/64th scales.

Modelers Corner Dianna005-vi

Premiere did a off scale Corvair Rampside back in the 60's but it's kinda hard to fine nowadays.

Modelers Corner Dianna007-vi

Lindburg did the Chevy G-10 van in 1/64th scale. I donated the only one I had to Rip Van Arkie for his collection. I didn't even save a picture of it. They were the only scale model made of the 1st and 2nd gen Chevy van.

Mpc did a really nice second gen Econoline in several versions. It was a large 1/20th scale kit.

Modelers Corner Dianna006-vi

The later generations of vans were covered pretty well by the model compaines because of the 70's van craze. The 60's vans were just too late for the show. I have a few 70's vans but they were not my favs.

Modelers Corner Dianna012-vi

The Deora was a custom A-100 and one of my favorites. AMT did several versions of it. Barris' Supervan was another custom A-100 kitted. I never bought one of those. It wasn't my fav. LOL.

As you can see I am into modeling just a little bit. I've always hoped someone would do the early vans in plastic. I'd love an Econoline kit. Johnny Lightning photographed a pickup a few years ago to do a diecast version but it never came to be. For now I'll have to settle on the Jada stuff and my Nylint collection to satisfy my Econo needs.

Modelers Corner DSC07281-vi

The girls think my trucks are cool! That's Rip's daughter Hanna at the Midsouth Econoline Meet.
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:16 am

Anybody ever notice, The Hot Wheels van has a pickup tailgate?? Looks like a hatchback like this. That would be a cool way to do a real van.

Modelers Corner Dianna020-vi

It's got me thinking!

Duane in Tennessee

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:33 pm