VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Carburetor swap

Vanner63
    Vanner63

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2010-11-11

Carburetor swap Empty Carburetor swap

Post by Vanner63 Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:09 pm

Hello again all! Merry Christmas to everyone. I would like to thank everyone who has weighed in with suggestions on some of questions that I have had since purchasing my Econoline pickup about a month ago.

I am in need of ideas for a problem I have. My Econo is a 1963 with the 144 ci. in. motor and three speed manual. This setup came with the Autolite 1100 carburetor which I have discovered is not only hard to find but also was not a particularly good design or performer. So, I was wondering if there was an optional carb. that I could replace this carb. with without a great deal of trouble. Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am also open to any and all ideas for improvements on other areas of the Econolines.

Thansk again for all the help.

T.W. Day
    slowflapper
    slowflapper

Number of posts : 956
    Registration date : 2010-07-29

Carburetor swap Empty Re: Carburetor swap

Post by slowflapper Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:58 pm

I'd call Summit Racing and look for a carb with a similar CFM and matching bolt pattern.

I was having trouble fining a Carter BBD for my dodge until I realized Holley bought them out and the part numbers changed to a Holley PN.
    chicanoline

Number of posts : 87
    Registration date : 2010-06-02

Post by chicanoline Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:14 pm

I did a swap and did a thread, I dont know how to post it here but if you search my posts it is there. it was a perfect swap i had to just run the line for heat for the auto choke, That was an upgrade. It has been sweet. If someone knows how to do a link... Thanks in advance.

Hope this helps,
    Johnny
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:29 pm

Sponsored content