VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Pulling the motor

gkpost
    gkpost

Number of posts : 224
    Registration date : 2010-10-16

Pulling the motor Empty Pulling the motor

Post by gkpost Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:04 am

OK so whats the best way to go about this. Up and out ? Down and out ? Or maybe something really cool I don't even know about yet. Its a 67 with a 250 3spd . Also I'm having the motor rebuilt any suggestions for mild highpro mods while I'm at it. thanks for any feedback.
    mo_1040
    mo_1040

Number of posts : 645
    Registration date : 2008-07-04

Pulling the motor Empty Re: Pulling the motor

Post by mo_1040 Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:10 am

Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Pulling the motor Empty pu;;in & install a V-8=gen2

Post by Twinpilot001 Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:57 am

Hello to a great groupI just got thru installing my new 383 chev engine in my 1967 gen 2 sportvan. I used a cherry picker to go thru the pass door-door still on van also. I did only the shortblock without heads or any manifolds - didne even have to pull the engine box-yet top cover was off. Wasnt a hard install- heads then went on and manifolds. Reminding all Im 63 year old Fart and work alone here - usually outside-no shop.Therefore if this ol man doesnt have trouble id guess this is the easiest way to do it? Also its bilted to the origional powerglide trans-next year comes the O.D. tranny and finish work. Doing the camper routine as was from factory and travel equip. corp. when sold new. Thinking of doing also a rear pullout cooking & wash center like the Small penut type trailers have ?? Having all under rear seat/bed area.Antway - the engine install was easy for me . im still looking for an origional radio antanna for it.

Sponsored content

Pulling the motor Empty Re: Pulling the motor

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:27 pm