VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+4
BajaCharlie
Digz
G-Man
Donn
8 posters

Earlies $ going up?

Donn
    Donn

Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Earlies $ going up? Empty Earlies $ going up?

Post by Donn Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:42 pm

Been following a few van's, pick ups on ebay. Although both are nice trucks, They each need work, rusty frame, paint and interior, A good amount of bids even with some being the same person. The prices and interest seem to be inching up. ebay #180567542164 and 130438996659. There is even a 64 chev van in this month's "RODZ" magazine. I could see more "Rod" guys getting into the early thing...
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Earlies $ going up? Empty Re: Earlies $ going up?

Post by G-Man Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:51 pm

with the cost skyrocketing on other hot rods, people are looking to other hot rodding cars & trucks that aren't so $$$$. It had to start catching up to us sooner or later
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:53 pm

I picked up a RODZ mag last month just for some reading material, Pretty cool stuff, definately gives ya ideas outside of the box, be looking for that issue now.
    BajaCharlie
    BajaCharlie

Number of posts : 619
    Registration date : 2010-01-07

Post by BajaCharlie Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:30 am

actually VANS are commin back.Check out www.vancreeps.com and the Vandaleros too.2 new vanclubs that have started recently.
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:10 am

Hannibal Lecter: And how do we begin to covet, Clarice? Do we seek out things to covet?
    Clarice Starling: No. We just...
    Hannibal Lecter: No. We begin by coveting what we see every day.

Lots of people like earlies, but never got one. They see what else they like and the prices and continue looking. They also see the nicely done ones that the members here drive, and it awakens that desire. They check prices and they are reasonable. So they start shopping!
    mcfly
    mcfly

Number of posts : 626
    Registration date : 2008-11-10

Post by mcfly Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:25 am

I drive mine over a 1000 miles a month so I get plenty feedback from people I see on the road and if that means anything yes prices and interest are on the rise. But please let it happen after I have collected enough parts ,parts vans to last til my interest has run out which will never happen.

_________
    mike
    kookykrispy
    kookykrispy

Number of posts : 1533
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

Post by kookykrispy Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:58 am

Earlies still seem dirt cheap if you ask me... nice running vans can be had for $3000-6000...

project vans all over the place for $2000-1500 or less, parts vans can be found for less than $1000

lectricman
    lectricman

Number of posts : 339
    Registration date : 2010-04-07

Post by lectricman Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:14 pm

I think it depends on who has them?? I called London Ky about one they had advertised .... it read..
    great for restoration.... price $$$
    thought I would call and see what the price was... I was told that the bed floor was rusty, the motor was just hanging there, there was no transmission, didn't know about the motor cross supports, (1964) , I asked the condition of the tail gate and was told, Well, it's there.... didn't know about the uni rails where the rear leafs attach, and the body had alot of surface rust but was solid and straight.. not bad sounding... I have bought worse... the price.... $2500.... A little steep in my book... I would expect one that needs body and paint with some other issues but running for that kind of money... like I said, I think it is who has them and who thinks they have gold...... just my .02...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:07 am