VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+21
Van Halen
EconoUSAparts
LiveWire64
TBmain
67a 100 pickup
whopman
virtual
wylee
BajaCharlie
econopoor
Donn
lectricman
BILLS66
southern man
mcfly
panelmanrd
DanTheVanMan
Nightmoves
G-Man
m1dadio
Vanish
25 posters

How well Dose your Van fit in your Family ???

Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

How well Dose your Van fit in your Family ??? Empty How well Dose your Van fit in your Family ???

Post by Vanish Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:34 am

Just wondering how well your Van fits in your Family ... ??? Does your wife / Girlfriend or Kids Like your Van ??? Or is it Looked at as That thing your always working on??? Do they share your enthusisasum for your Van ??? Just wondering how it Go's for the rest of you ????

m1dadio
    m1dadio
    Chevy Guru

Number of posts : 1778
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

How well Dose your Van fit in your Family ??? Empty Re: How well Dose your Van fit in your Family ???

Post by m1dadio Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:34 am

My 17 yr old son thinks the vans ok, he's not so interested in driving or owning a vehicle but he has opinions on what color it should be and things like that so I think he likes it. My 9 yr old daughter thinks its cool. I don't have a girl friend but there is a couple wives around town that take quite an interest in my van. LMAO!!

M1D
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

How well Dose your Van fit in your Family ??? Empty Re: How well Dose your Van fit in your Family ???

Post by G-Man Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:56 pm

My family for the most part isn't interested in the vans
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:04 pm

As for the g/f,she ain't real enthused,but not opposed to the van.
    The kid,thinks their pretty cool,likes to ride around in one,but said he wouldn't ever seeing himself owning one.I think he's got an eye on an Impala.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:12 pm

My whole family loves our van!!! The kids are always asking if we can take the van when we are going somewhere! it took a little bit to get them to come around because they all missed our 64 GMC stepside truck but now they love it.
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:46 pm

My better half thinks it's really cool. The two little one get as excited if not more about the van(s) than I do, and that's alot! The oldest She's 16 and thinks it's the plaque or something, but hey... She's 16 what do you expect right? Think she will warm up to the Sportvan!!! Cool

How well Dose your Van fit in your Family ??? 03301010

Last edited by DanTheVanMan on Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

How well Dose your Van fit in your Family ??? Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    panelmanrd
    panelmanrd

Number of posts : 801
    Registration date : 2009-10-04

Post by panelmanrd Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:49 pm

My wife likes them so much I bought her one, don`t have it road ready yet
    but it will get there.
    mcfly
    mcfly

Number of posts : 626
    Registration date : 2008-11-10

Post by mcfly Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:39 pm

Wife likes it. 15 yr old daughter and her friends love it. 12 yr old daughter thinks its hideous and refuses to drive in it.

_________
    mike
    southern man
    southern man

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

Post by southern man Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:03 pm

My wife is pretty tolerant, but not enthusiastic. My son is 26 and into cars in general. He helps me work on it as time permits and likes that its unusual.
    BILLS66
    BILLS66

Number of posts : 1383
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by BILLS66 Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:09 pm

My wife has loved the hot rods we have had since we married 21 years ago but when she first saw the van in our garage 4 years ago she fell in love with it on the spot ! She loves riding in it and even drives once in a long time.She got 2nd gear scratch on her first drive and was grinning ear to ear.Oh and she wants white shag carpet inside! Bill
    lectricman
    lectricman

Number of posts : 339
    Registration date : 2010-04-07

Post by lectricman Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:23 pm

My wife even found my first one for me... she loves me....lol My kids think they are cool.... my boy has been looking at them to try and find him one....
    Donn
    Donn

Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Post by Donn Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:34 pm

Both daughters 21 and 24 would not get caught dead in the "Getto Van" wife will only in an emergency.
    Great Dane won't get in it either, but jumps right in my 04 Jeep Rubicon..

So no need for a back seat...
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:45 pm

Well, It's just me and the wife. I bought my first about 15 years ago, it and a parts van. She didn't like that at all. Then came a 65 parts van, and then a 61 five window. It was only when I bought the red 61 that she started to like them. She enjoys riding in it. She likes the attention it gets. She has fun with the friends we've met with it. Now, she won't part with it. As for all the others in the yard, Well. They all could go to scrap as far as she's concerned. She likes the shinny ones. Don't like the projects.

Duane in Tennessee.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:52 pm

my wife loves ours so does my 15 y/o daughter and her friends. whats funny is at cruises, its the 50 and older group and little kids they just love it.
    BajaCharlie
    BajaCharlie

Number of posts : 619
    Registration date : 2010-01-07

Post by BajaCharlie Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:03 am

well I wont be able to sell my 99 Ram till my kids grow up the family loves it goin to vanruns and the drive ins and stuff we all love it but it wasnt until recently they started to get into my 69 A 108 its gonna have a tiki theme and so my whole family is on the hunt for tiki stuff everywhere we go and the wifes gonna make hula girl curtains.They dig the van thing especially goin on runs.
    wylee
    wylee

Number of posts : 917
    Registration date : 2009-04-03

Post by wylee Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:00 am

my sweetie loves it, even works on it with me sometimes. she wants to drive it-automatic. i said no p/s { trying to work around that l.o.l}
    virtual
    virtual

Number of posts : 257
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

Post by virtual Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:45 am

It's been a love hate relationship with my family and my vans for the past 34 years. In the early years my parents weren't too pleased often having 2 of my vans clogging up their driveway. But a lasting fun memory was the only time I was ever pulled over without reason by the police was with my dad riding shot gun, seems there were B&E's in the area and they were looking for a white van. We joked about that for years.
    My wife was never too thrilled to ride on the doghouse of my 67 Supervan going to college with 4 of my buddies taking up the rest of the van. She reluctantly came to van-ins in the early days as that was the only time she'd see me weekends in the summer.
    Once we got married and had kids I settled down for a while and had cars but once I could afford a van as my daily driver I ended up buying a later model van that would be more practical for daily use and long road trips. My wife and daughters love the most recent vans I've owned for travelling, picking up their huge boxes of furniture from IKEA. We can also fit in everything they bring on our annual family camping trips . I also managed to move all the contents (except appliances that stayed there) of my late mother in law's house in my van.
    My relatives and friends have loved my vans ... once again for practical reasons picking up furniture or driving them to the airport with all their luggage. I also helped move a buddy of mine with a van I borrowed from work, it was a full custom show van that belonged to the van shop I was working at for the summer.
    whopman
    whopman

Number of posts : 387
    Registration date : 2010-04-01

Post by whopman Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:45 pm

My first early was a 64 g10 bought back in 97 . My 2 daughters 11 and 8 both loved the van and fought over who would sit on the dog house when I drove them to school. Circumstances forced the sale of the 64. Went several years without one until this year, the girls are older but still dig the idea of the van and enjoy the fact that I get enjoyment out of it. My new bride loves it and the 54 truck. I think she really likes it when I disappear into the garage more than anything. We are entering it into a small local car show this weekend.
    67a 100 pickup
    67a 100 pickup

Number of posts : 1319
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

Post by 67a 100 pickup Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:59 pm

The wife likes the people from the baker's events and what ours will eventually look like, but won't ride in it for fear of breaking down and having to walk. She always follows in the "chase" car. My son will ride, but has his el camino on his mind.
    TBmain
    TBmain

Number of posts : 100
    Registration date : 2010-03-18

Post by TBmain Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:51 am

I've had our van since the end of May and even though it's been in the garage alot with me working on it,once it became road worthy my wife has accepted the club wagon and even enjoyed camping at Tazs party,and sleeping in the back of it. My daughter loves the way it looks we always take it out as much as possible, it gets lots of looks and thumbs ups.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:31 pm

when the wife does ride with me she wants to go on a road trip{nice} the boy wants to drive everything i own and says it's his if something happens to me {really nice}How well Dose your Van fit in your Family ??? 02010
    LiveWire64
    LiveWire64

Number of posts : 244
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Post by LiveWire64 Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:23 am

Think the title should read 'How well does your family fit in your van'.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:42 am

Basically my vans are a family embarrasment which is why I continue to buy more just to piss em all off. I make the damn house payment so frig em all, ha-ha. I used to purposely drive my 67 to pick my daughter up from high school just to irritate her. I could have drove the new car but why when its so much more fun to irritate a tenager? My son likes the pickups,wife tolerates em but not a big fan which is why I keep a good 10 or so Econos around at all times:-)
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:00 am

Thats Funny! lol!

Post by Guest Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:26 pm

well i can say my dad likes my mom hates my van all my friends love it even if it beat up and faded but i love it. i will say its the best $250.00 bucks i ever spent its fun to drive it gets great gas mileage plus it got a lot of looks at the car show i took it to now i am trying to find a way to get it down to California so i can start to fix her up

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 7:16 pm