VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+5
itruns
Scott
TBmain
G-Man
tazvan67
9 posters

Taz'z 10th Annual Vintage Van Fest "All Vans, Econoline & A-100 pick-up's welcone"

tazvan67
    tazvan67

Number of posts : 89
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

Taz'z 10th Annual Vintage Van Fest "All Vans, Econoline & A-100 pick-up's welcone" Empty Taz'z 10th Annual Vintage Van Fest "All Vans, Econoline & A-100 pick-up's welcone"

Post by tazvan67 Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:37 am

bounce Hi Everyone, I thought I would drop a line to say how things are gearing up for Taz'z 10th Annual Vintage Chevy Van Fest. The show is open to All Makes & Year Vans!! I have trophies for Early & Late modles. There are a few things going on that weekend. Hy~Rollin Vans is hosting a Van show about 3 miles from Taz'z VCVC on Saturday September 4th. Everyone is welcome before & after the show. There will be lots of eats, drinks, fun & entertainment. I will be serving burgers, hot dogs, brats, Fish Fry, & Lots of sides. Hope to see everyone there. Here is a link for the flier.
    http://www.threetrailsdesigns.com/Hy-Rollin_Vans/images/flyer/TazzVCVCFest2010.pdf

http://www.threetrailsdesigns.com/Hy-Rollin_Vans/images/flyer/VAN_SHOW_2010.pdf

http://www.threetrailsdesigns.com/Hy-Rollin_Vans/images/flyer/2010_HRV_flyer.pdf

Here are some pictures from last year.
    http://www.threetrailsdesigns.com/Hy-Rollin_Vans/images/TazFest09/index.htm

Taz!!
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Taz'z 10th Annual Vintage Van Fest "All Vans, Econoline & A-100 pick-up's welcone" Empty Re: Taz'z 10th Annual Vintage Van Fest "All Vans, Econoline & A-100 pick-up's welcone"

Post by G-Man Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:29 pm

Is anyone here going to Taz Fest??? Always a great show
    TBmain
    TBmain

Number of posts : 100
    Registration date : 2010-03-18

Taz'z 10th Annual Vintage Van Fest "All Vans, Econoline & A-100 pick-up's welcone" Empty Re: Taz'z 10th Annual Vintage Van Fest "All Vans, Econoline & A-100 pick-up's welcone"

Post by TBmain Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:02 pm

I'm planning on making a day of it, hopefully the econo handles the drive. Lake in the hills isnt to far away from Taz's place. I talked to another vanner(Walkers68)to see if he's in for the drive, he's a maybe.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:41 pm

I'm thinking of going again also, Taz is always a great host.

Hey Taz is that cool swap meet going on again this year????
    tazvan67
    tazvan67

Post by tazvan67 Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:42 am

Yes the swap is going on this year. We also have a show Saturday and everyone can saty the night for the Sunday Party in the Yard.
    Taz!!
    tazvan67
    tazvan67

Post by tazvan67 Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:42 am

Just wanted to drop a note on how things are gearing up for Taz’z “Party in the Yard”. This is our 10 year anniversary and to celebrate it we are having a few new things. One thing is a Live Band!! Their will also be T-shirt printing on site. Last year we did how to install a windshield. “Thanx Mac” This year we are doing 1st gen disc brake conversion, transmission swap “TH350 to 700R4” and possibly how to wire your new small block. I have all the trophies, the dash plaques are ordered. As usual all vans are welcome.
    Taz

Taz'z 10th Annual Vintage Van Fest "All Vans, Econoline & A-100 pick-up's welcone" Empty Build during Taz Fest

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:22 pm

My lovely bride wanted to post this here, but didn't want to set up an account nor could she figure out my password......Jake
    I have been with Jake for nearly 10 years. Ever since I have known him, he spoke of his ’65 Chevy Van that he had while in Paramedic School in the mid 1980’s and how he wanted another one. He faithfully looked on Ebay for years for one and finally bought a 1966 in 2007 out of St. Louis. That kept his interest; it was waxed, cleaned and taken to Taz Fest at least 2 out of the 3 years he owned it.

Next came the 1964 from VCVC.org. This one didn’t run and was located in Oregon. He talked me into letting him buy it and in September of 2008, it showed up in his garage. He quickly became overwhelmed with the project and it has since sat, on jack stands, in the garage for almost two years, essentially untouched. It is in primer and the body is in decent shape considering the van’s age…. He desperately needs assistance getting this van to run and stop.

In conjunction with Taz Fest 2010, and to honor Taz’s 10th year, we would like help working on the following items:

1. Assistance with the cooling system (mounting a second generation radiator)
    2. Swap a Chevy turbo 350 to a 700R4
    3. Swap 4 drum brake system to front disk / rear drums.
    4. Hear it roar to life

Taz has graciously offered the use of his shop, lift and tools, but what is needed is your expertise to assist Jake with his project and more importantly teach him how easy? It is to work on these vans.

I asked him for specifics on the van and here they are:

1. It has a Chevy crate 350 with Edelbrock manifold, 4 barrel carburetor
    2. Currently has a turbo 350 transmission
    3. 4 wheel drums
    4. “doesn’t need a lot to here it run” according to Jake

The goal is to get this van to RUN and STOP and ultimately getting it much closer to a trip to the body shop than what he could do on his own. Jake’s other early, a 1966 is for sale on Ebay and Craigslist. The proceeds will be used to bring his dream to life.

If you are willing to assist and lend your expertise to this project, either get in touch with Taz or Jake.

Sincerely,

Ann (Mrs. Jakemedic)
    Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by Scott Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:12 am

I wish I was going to the Taz Fest this year, I'd jump right in on this.

I'm sure the link for the sale of the 66 is already posted on this site, but it would be good to put it here too.
    itruns
    itruns

Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2008-07-03

Post by itruns Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:40 pm

TBmain wrote:I'm planning on making a day of it, hopefully the econo handles the drive. Lake in the hills isnt to far away from Taz's place. I talked to another vanner(Walkers68)to see if he's in for the drive, he's a maybe.

I'm going to be Early-less this year. With Taz's help, my stripped down A100 finally made it to a body shop today. This means that the competition for the default Early Dodge trophy is up for grabs! Laughing

Seriously though, both events are quite impressive. Lots and lots of vans from all eras (especially Earlies). You get an education from newbies and gurus alike.

If any of you Chicago area guys need a co-pilot for Saturday's show let me know Wink (I'm around Round Lake/Fox Lake)
    The bride can't wait to go to Sunday's party in the yard. I'm bringing her via a '97 Honda Accord w/o a/c, so I'll have a little room if anyone needs a DD.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:42 pm

itruns , I'm planning on going to both shows and you would be very welcome to ride with me to the Saturday show. Just meet me at Taz's place
    itruns
    itruns

Post by itruns Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:06 am

Cool Chris! I'll be there with my cooler and camera.
    itruns
    itruns

Post by itruns Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:54 am

Well Chris, I was informed yesterday that we are going to see the band Train on Saturday evening. I'll be coming to Fatman's by car (probably in the afternoon) with the wife, then hit the park gates at 5:00. Gotta love it when a plan comes together.

We'll be a Taz's place on Sunday as well. I'm tempted to drivethe parts van there, but I want to be sure I arrive safe and sound.

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:01 pm

Not a problem, we'll you you there
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:05 am

Anyone else going??? This is a great show
    tazvan67
    tazvan67

Post by tazvan67 Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:02 am

Just a little up-date, We will be going to Ron’s place for dinner Friday Night @ 6:30. They have very good food & 32 flavors of Long Island Ice Tea!! More on Saturday night soon!!!
    Thanx
    Taz!!

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&safe=strict&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=ron's+place+Kenosha,+Wisconsin&fb=1&gl=us&hq=ron's+place&hnear=Kenosha,+WI&cid=9805597124171458989&pcsi=9805597124171458989,1

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:42 pm

Going to start to getting the van ready for the trip, looking forward to seeing who ever that can make it.
    BILLS66
    BILLS66

Number of posts : 1383
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by BILLS66 Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:56 pm

G-Man,If I was on that side of the country I would be there in a heartbeat ! I can't wait to see some pics,cocktails ,some great people,even a van build,doesn't get much better than that! Bill
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:28 pm

The cool thing about the build is Jake is doing almost everything I'm doing to my 64. I can learn first hand how to do this even before I start mine
    tazvan67
    tazvan67

Post by tazvan67 Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:42 am

I have everything for Jake's conversion!! Ann & Him are coming over Friday to get ready.
    tazvan67
    tazvan67

Post by tazvan67 Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:45 am

Party in the Yard is this weekend!!! Are you coming??? I'm ready!!
    Taz!!
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:20 pm

Packing up the van today , can't wait to leave for the trip

I'll get everyone pictures who can't make this great show
    tazvan67
    tazvan67

Post by tazvan67 Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:39 am

Just a few up-dates. Friday we will be having dinner @ the Boat House. Ron’s place called and said they could not accommodate us. They are not going to take reservations Friday night. The Boat house is owned by the same people just the Long Island Ice Tea’s are bigger?? Here is a link to the Boat House. If you are planning on attending please e-mail Jill @ Tazgirl@comcast.net

http://www.foodspot.com/Clients/WI/Kenosha/BoathousePubEatery/default.aspx?accid=20392

Saturday night we are having food catered in. There will be Italian Beef, Broasted Chicken, Meat Balls, Garlic Potatoes, & Coleslaw.

Taz!!
    bendone
    bendone

Number of posts : 56
    Registration date : 2008-08-25

Post by bendone Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:14 am

Just Waiting for the wife to get home from getting a few last minute things then we're on the road. Very Happy
    TBmain
    TBmain

Number of posts : 100
    Registration date : 2010-03-18

Taz'z 10th Annual Vintage Van Fest "All Vans, Econoline & A-100 pick-up's welcone" Empty Great time at the Hy-Rollin Vans show & Taz's Party in the Yard!!

Post by TBmain Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:21 pm

Thanks to all the people we met at the show and at Taz's place on Friday and Saturday. Everybody made us feel welcome and it was fun to be able to put faces to all the online user names!

We look forward to seeing everyone again!

Tim in Illinois
    Van Halen
    Van Halen

Number of posts : 1785
    Registration date : 2010-04-30

Post by Van Halen Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:59 pm

Can't wait to see some pics!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:01 pm