VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Wind shield washers ??

Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Wind shield washers ?? Empty Wind shield washers ??

Post by Digz Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:38 pm

Mine work ,,problem is they work ALL the time, Does anybody have a diagram of the mechanics on them, I havent torn it out yet and would like to just disable the pump for now. I had the honor of driving in a really bad Tstorm last weekend and discovered this problem. I have the button on the wiper switch and the pump runs off the wiper motor I think.
    richie61
    richie61

Number of posts : 445
    Registration date : 2010-01-04

Wind shield washers ?? Empty Re: Wind shield washers ??

Post by richie61 Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:49 pm

I got that button on my wipers but like everything in my van...no washer bottle and I got 2 empty holes where the squirters should go. It rained a little last week, and didn't hear anything out of the ordinary when they were on although it's the first time I had to use them. Does it actually make a different sound if it trying to pump for the washers?? I see some type of tube connection on the actual motor that might be for a hose or something. I can here the motor when it's on but I'm curious if I have the same problem. It was 90 today so I don't think I'll have to use them except in the morning,...global warming??? It snowed on May 23 in the local mountains here so you never know!!
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:58 pm

It seems to make a very loud click when its pumping, I never noticed it before and thought they werent working at all ,, must be it decided to kick in finally. If its the same set up as what I have messed with in the past I call it a pos / pita.
    richie61
    richie61

Number of posts : 445
    Registration date : 2010-01-04

Post by richie61 Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:04 pm

I'll have to check it out, I guess if it was trying to pump one of the lines might actually have pressure or vacuum or something. This one's going on the back burner for now, the fun never stops..
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:50 pm

Digz in the mean time get some rain-x
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:07 pm

G-Man ... Thats No Joke ... You put Rain -X On a first gen windshield and you Dont even Need Wipers .... LOL.... Unless you Just want em ' ........

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:56 am