VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

new, saying hello

new, saying hello Empty new, saying hello

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:29 pm

Hey gang, just joined. I've got a '69 poptop campwagon with a 318 auto. Just got it back on the road, and it will be registered this week. Lots of work to be done. Glad to find this site.

Dave
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

new, saying hello Empty Re: new, saying hello

Post by Vanish Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:43 pm

Hey Dave WELCOME IN !!!!!!! Post up some Pic's when you get a Chance !!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:25 pm

Hey Artvan. I've got an A100 panel with lots of work to be done too. At least yours is on the road! Mine is roadworthy, but not plated yet.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:07 am

Welcome Dave! Where are you located?

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:09 am

Welcome

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:05 pm

It's nice to see I'm not the only new "kid" on the block around here, in a manner of speaking. Good luck with your project. I look forward to reading about your progress.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:40 pm

[b][i]Welcome artvan108!!!!! Pictures would be cool!!!!

Hey lostwire where in Michigan are you??? Is that the van from Williamston??? I looked at it about a year ago.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:20 pm

welcome artvan108 to the never ending dream of owning a vintage

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:43 pm

G-Man wrote:[b][i]Welcome artvan108!!!!! Pictures would be cool!!!!

Hey lostwire where in Michigan are you??? Is that the van from Williamston??? I looked at it about a year ago.

We're living just outside of Reading; about halfway between Hillsdale and Fremont, Indiana. My wife grew up out this way so we moved here from West Bloomfield not long after we were married. Yea, that's the same A100. I caught your other post about it. Glad to hear you thought it was solid.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:32 pm

welcome! i'm working on a '68 camper... i've got a few photos posted in the other thread "forget the yahoo group......"

i just got mine on the road today legally for the first time and it was amazing.

again, welcome!! everyone here is amazingly nice and helpful, so you should have a good time.

cheers.

new, saying hello Empty found a picture

Post by Guest Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:10 am

Here's a link to a picture I just found that I uploaded years ago. The van still looks the same. I lost all the photos I had of the progress I had made on it before it sat for about 5 years. I'll take some new photos soon. I bought it in '01 in Kentucky for $800 from an elderly couple who used it for hunting and fishing. It hadn't been on the highway in 20 years. That was a hell of a drive back to RI. Two breakdowns of waterpump, hoses, radiator... other assorted items you expect to go on a 30 year old (at the time) van on the highway, traveling 1000 miles after all those years. Spent 3 days in Jim Thorpe, PA waiting to have a radiator installed. Those stories are what make it fun to have it on the road again. In '02 I bought an '87 Econoline Sportsmobile http://www.sportsmobile.com/ loaded with everything for camping and the Dodge took a spot in the back of the garage. Now I'm motivated to get the Dodge finished, so I hope you guys are ready for plenty of questions. A mechanic I'm not!

http://www.showtrux.com/showvans/earlies/dodge/gallery/pages/wpassidetopup.htm

Later, Dave
    itruns
    itruns

Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2008-07-03

Post by itruns Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:34 am

Dave:

Thanks for the showtrux.com link! Now I have some more ideas as to what direction to go with these things.

It also got me to thinking of maybe taking my parts van, cut the cargo door section out and make it a tamdem axle trailer that can be towed forward or backward.

Or maybe drive it onto a pontoon boat...

Good luck with your 'new' project - Larry

Post by Guest Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:36 pm

By the way, my Sportsmobile is an '87 with plenty of dings and miles. Stole it at $6,800 in '02. I didn't want anyone who checked out the link thinking I'm pampered and driving around in a $100,000 van! I'll upload some pics soon.
    Dave
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Post by benwah Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:43 pm

welcome Dave another a in new england awesome!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 10:34 am