VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Tonneau Covers

Tonneau Covers Empty Tonneau Covers

Post by Guest Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:37 am

Anybody have any inf/ ideas on Tonneau covers for A100 Pickups? Anybody done anything to get rid of the tailgate chains?
    67a 100 pickup
    67a 100 pickup

Number of posts : 1319
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

Tonneau Covers Empty Re: Tonneau Covers

Post by 67a 100 pickup Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:53 pm

Mike made up some rods with hiem joints and bolts to hold his tailgate in the open position, not sure what he uses when it's closed. I have seen one custom cover on a blue pickup, if you look in this years bakers pics there might be a pic of it, he also has accuators on it to raise and lower it with a remote.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:38 pm

here a pic
    Tonneau Covers 100_0210
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:59 pm

Yea thats Bernies a100 and man is it sweet. I love the bed cover and its remote control.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:32 am

Thanks guys......Bernies is one sweet ride....but I want to something very different......I was looking at a movie "Romancing the Stone" and in one scene, Danny DeVito was driving a small foriegn car that had a hole in the roof with a vinyl cover that could be pushed back to open the roof.....it would fold up like a roman shade.....I know the 1950 Fiat Topalino 500C coupe had one......but i have been having trouble coming up with any details......I would like a tonneau like that......can anyone help with a link to informayion.....Thanks
    jkr
    jkr

Number of posts : 1148
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by jkr Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:50 am

the new 2009 dodge truck accessories book has a folding cover that might work. i thought about trying one but never got around to it. it folds in three sections and is easily removable alltogether if needed. see your dodge parts guys or as soon as the dealership i work for has one in stock i am gonna try it for a fitting and i'll take a picture and post them.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:59 pm

I would like one too! The old euorpean ones were made by wabesto.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:22 pm

Bernie's is, in my opinion, the best looking tonneau cover I've seen. There was a fellow from Canada that was making fiberglass ones. They looked like the kind you would buy for a current model truck. He did a real nice job but, in my humble opinion, it looked too "thick" for my taste. I prefer the thinner sleeker look of Bernie's. I hope to emulate it in the future. Larry Gill in East China Mi. 65 A-100 Pro-street, L-600 with roll back bed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:17 am