VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

NEW ON HERE FROM THE UK, and looking for a Econo Camper..............

NEW ON HERE FROM THE UK, and looking for a Econo Camper.............. Empty NEW ON HERE FROM THE UK, and looking for a Econo Camper..............

Post by Guest Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:35 am

Just like this one, anyone know of any for sale, 6 or V8, genuine enquiry from England

NEW ON HERE FROM THE UK, and looking for a Econo Camper.............. 681646-1

many thanks
    Rod

email, rodnkustom@hotmail.com
    Sy Hollinshead
    Sy Hollinshead

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-10-11

NEW ON HERE FROM THE UK, and looking for a Econo Camper.............. Empty Re: NEW ON HERE FROM THE UK, and looking for a Econo Camper..............

Post by Sy Hollinshead Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:29 pm

Welcome. Whereabouts in the UK are you? I'm near Cambridge, and recently imported an Econoline camper from the USA, although mine is a 1964.

This forum is mainly for the earlier vans than the one you are after, but you may get lucky.... Good luck with the search.

Sy

NEW ON HERE FROM THE UK, and looking for a Econo Camper.............. Empty Re: NEW ON HERE FROM THE UK, and looking for a Econo Camper..............

Post by Guest Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:24 pm

Hi Sy, down in sunny Bristol, any more pics of your van, dont mind bringing one over from the states, (brought a 39 coupe over a few years back) but would also be nice to find one closer to home, i believe theres one much like the one in the photo in Belfast, a friend (Kev in Swindon) recently sold one in the UK, but not many around, would make a change from all the splits and bays around...

Rod
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:41 pm

these guys can help you more than us, but your very welcome here if you want to stick around
    http://econolines.ipbhost.com/index.php?&CODE=03&uid=1138&aid=b6a3550c70ad0c691297f302ad1e2834

Post by Guest Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:57 pm

seems mostly 70's stuff over there, i'm looking for first generation,

thanks anyway
    Rod
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:14 pm

The picture you gave us was of a 2nd gen Ford 68-74????? Are you looking for that style or 61-67 econolines????
    Sy Hollinshead
    Sy Hollinshead

Post by Sy Hollinshead Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:24 pm

Here is mine, being delivered

NEW ON HERE FROM THE UK, and looking for a Econo Camper.............. PICT0004

That is a 1st gen Econoline Camper van. I think you are after a 2nd gen, judging by that picture you posted....

Sy

Post by Guest Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:12 am

Sorry guys my mistake, really want a 1st gen camper, i have been using that picture as a 'camper' for reference, (would'nt turn one down) but its a pre 68 version i want...camper interior, pop top etc...........

Rod
    Sy Hollinshead
    Sy Hollinshead

Post by Sy Hollinshead Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:32 am

Ah, you want one like mine then. I haven't seen another over here in the UK. They are rare enough in the USA.

I found mine on Ebay, from San Francisco, i paid $6000 for it on Ebay. Ended up costing £6000 all in including all the fees and VAT....

Well worth it though, to get one with NO rust whatsoever. If you do find one over here beware of any that have been over here for any length of time. Make sure you take a magnet with you to check for filler...!!!

Sy
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:08 am

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:15 am

Just found a pick up in the UK, on a VW website, truck has a for sale in the window and was photographed at a show last weekend, after enlarging the picture we can read the details but there is no telephone number...........shame
    Sy Hollinshead
    Sy Hollinshead

Post by Sy Hollinshead Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:55 am

I know of at least 3 pickups in this country. 2 white ones and a yellow one. What colour was it....?

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:46 pm

Sy Hollinshead wrote:I know of at least 3 pickups in this country. 2 white ones and a yellow one. What colour was it....?

this could be good, yellow one, was at Tatton Park last weekend, 3.3, slight rake, big'n'littles, looked pretty straight in the photos, could'nt see the price though and i said no tel. number

if you have a number that would be kool

Rod
    Sy Hollinshead
    Sy Hollinshead

Post by Sy Hollinshead Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:35 am

Must be a different one. The yellow one i am thinking of had a very nice V8 in it, plus about £20,000 worth of other mods done to it.

So are you after a pickup now instead of a camper....?

Sy
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:15 am

Would love to see some pic's. That would be cool!

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

NEW ON HERE FROM THE UK, and looking for a Econo Camper.............. Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    Sy Hollinshead
    Sy Hollinshead

Post by Sy Hollinshead Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:42 am

Thought i had some piccies, but i can't find any. It was up for sale on ebay last year.

Not sure if it met reserve though....

Sy

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:59 am

Sy Hollinshead wrote:Must be a different one. The yellow one i am thinking of had a very nice V8 in it, plus about £20,000 worth of other mods done to it.

So are you after a pickup now instead of a camper....?

Sy

just looking at different options, just sold a 52 Chevy truck and run campered T5, so a pick up would replace the Chevy, or a nice Econo camper and i sale the T5, also looking for a model A coupe...........

Rod

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:05 pm

NEW ON HERE FROM THE UK, and looking for a Econo Camper.............. 3804815386_8d964470f1_o

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 3:37 pm