VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

how do i get the swiveling door lock covers off?

mothradeath
    mothradeath

Number of posts : 217
    Registration date : 2009-06-17

how do i get the swiveling door lock covers off? Empty how do i get the swiveling door lock covers off?

Post by mothradeath Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:29 am

ive got some door parts and i was wondering if the come off a certain way? i want to replace the ones on my doors that are missing. i tried prying but i got scared with the amount of force i was using and figured i better find out before i snap the ones i got.

macs auto parts picture for reference.
    how do i get the swiveling door lock covers off? Yb
    61econoline
    61econoline

Number of posts : 655
    Registration date : 2009-04-16

how do i get the swiveling door lock covers off? Empty Re: how do i get the swiveling door lock covers off?

Post by 61econoline Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:09 am

the locks have a clip inside of door behind access panel slide off clip lock comes out dont know if the covers are removable or not

how do i get the swiveling door lock covers off? Empty Re: how do i get the swiveling door lock covers off?

Post by Guest Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:35 pm

once you get the lock out of the door there is a little "keeper" spring that you need to remove then the cover comes off easily

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:08 pm