VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Why isn't the National Truck-In® held in my area ??

billo
    billo

Number of posts : 274
    Registration date : 2008-11-03

Why isn't the National Truck-In® held in my area ?? Empty Why isn't the National Truck-In® held in my area ??

Post by billo Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:39 am

The National Truck-in® was established to travel from year to year to different parts of America.

It’s important to note that hosting the National Truck-In® requires significant planning, coordination,

And financial resources.

The decision on where to hold the National Truck-in® is based on several factors.

One of the main considerations is the availability of a suitable location that can accommodate a

large number of participants and their vehicles. The Nats attracts vanners from all over the country,

so, the host location needs to have adequate Infrastructure, amenities, and support services for

attendees. The host group must also have experience in organizing and managing such events to

ensure its success.

The process is for the group to find a facility and obtain a conditional contract for the dates.
    Now form a corporation and obtain insurance to protect all persons involved. A Nats Board Member
    must visit and approve the site before a final decision on accepting the bid. After assembling
    a group and a place, put together a bid package to present to the Nationals Board at their
    meeting at the next Council of Council’s meeting in February. That consists of:
    a completed application form, a letter of intent from the grounds, insurance company, and
    an emergency health care plan (emergency facilities, tornado shelters, etc.)
    An outline of what you will be offering YOUR guests. A theme if you want one.
    A video or slide show of the grounds.
    If there has not been a National Truck-In® held in your area yet, it may be that there has not been

a strong enough interest or commitment from local vanners to take on this responsibility.
    Additionally, logistical challenges or lack of suitable venues could also be contributing factors.
    If you are interested in bringing the National Truck-In® to your area, consider reaching out to

fellow vanners in your community who share your enthusiasm. By forming a dedicated group
    and demonstrating your capability and willingness to host such an event, you can increase the
    chances of having future National Truck-Ins® held in your area.

We are here to help, contact any Board member for further information.

savage, dix, gmytych, DanTheVanMan, wylee, vanny and gary h like this post

Vanner63
    Vanner63

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2010-11-11

Why isn't the National Truck-In® held in my area ?? Empty Re: Why isn't the National Truck-In® held in my area ??

Post by Vanner63 Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:10 pm

I have never been a fan of the National Truck-In mainly because more than two thirds of the meets have been in the north-northeast. It makes it difficult for the majority of the vanner's to drive that far due to fuel cost and lodging costs. I believe that is why the interest has dropped also. I never went because the majority of the shows were just too far away from the East Texas area. I think local van organizations should forget about the National Truck-In and do their own shows.

DanTheVanMan and wylee like this post

AzDon
    AzDon

Number of posts : 742
    Registration date : 2014-01-20

Why isn't the National Truck-In® held in my area ?? Empty Re: Why isn't the National Truck-In® held in my area ??

Post by AzDon Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:48 am

I've seen the videos and IMO the whole "van happening" thing has not aged well.....
    Honestly, I think something more like a "power tour" would be much more fun and entertaining.... Maybe something like a multi-day "navigational rally".....
    I get a lot of enjoyment and feedback from simply showing my van at local car shows where my van represents 70s van culture as it was then...

gmytych, DanTheVanMan and Vanner63 like this post

WoodButcher
    WoodButcher

Number of posts : 37
    Registration date : 2021-01-17

Post by WoodButcher Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:51 pm

The 51st nats are in Greenfield Mass?
    https://www.50thnationaltruckin.com/general-1

2 hrs away I may just have to go,,,
    I sold my '69 but I still have 2 astro to choose from.

gmytych, DanTheVanMan and billo like this post

billo
    billo

Number of posts : 274
    Registration date : 2008-11-03

Post by billo Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:34 pm

YES the 51st Nationals is in Greenfield Mass. The link you posted will take you to the flyer location.

To the two gentlemen who have never been to a Nationals, you really do not know what
    you are missing. It's just like the vanning thing, if i have to explain it to you, you really
    would not understand anyway.

gmytych likes this post

WoodButcher
    WoodButcher

Number of posts : 37
    Registration date : 2021-01-17

Post by WoodButcher Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:02 pm

Lol, I hope you weren't referring to ME as a gentleman! rofl,,,
    But no, you're right I have not attended a nats.
    Last weekender I went to was the Whitewood Bash in '89. Ran the sportster up in the back of my '70 econo high top camper, took the ex wife and my toddler son and had a blast.
    As the kid grew and we had another I really just had to grow up myself and be an example for them.
    Sold the bike, quit drinking and got divorced all in one swoop in '95. Kept the van, took custody of my boys.

Now I'm done w/ all that stuff I might just take a ride to the Nats.

Only problem I have is which van to take?
    '05 6 liter AWD astro or the '93 safari 5.7 ???
    and do I invite a grandson or three???
    questions, points to ponder,
    one thing sure,
    The current wife stays home!

gmytych and billo like this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:50 pm