VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Parts Interchangeability from Pickup truck to Van

MDVANMAN
    MDVANMAN

Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2019-05-11

Parts Interchangeability from Pickup truck to Van Empty Parts Interchangeability from Pickup truck to Van

Post by MDVANMAN Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:01 pm

Hi Everyone, i'm working on the lights on my '67 and about to order some new parts for the taillights and. headlights.  I know there are lots of parts that swap over from van to truck and vice versa.  Somebody has probably done this, and I'm pretty sure it works but just asking in case I'm about to waste time and $$:

Do these '67 pickup parts fit the '67 G-10 van?

Items 15 and 16 here:

https://www.lmctruck.com/1967-72-chevy-gmc/tail-light/cb-1967-72-backup-light-and-tail-light-fleetside

And all items here:

https://www.lmctruck.com/1967-72-chevy-gmc/headlight/cb-1967-72-headlight-single-chevy

Thanks in advance!  

Here's a pic of the lights i have working so far:

Parts Interchangeability from Pickup truck to Van Screen26
    Parts Interchangeability from Pickup truck to Van Screen27
    AzDon
    AzDon

Number of posts : 742
    Registration date : 2014-01-20

Parts Interchangeability from Pickup truck to Van Empty Re: Parts Interchangeability from Pickup truck to Van

Post by AzDon Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:18 am

Backup light lenses came from the 67-72 Suburban parts bin... Taillight lenses came from the same years of Fleetside pickups...Side Marker lights can be sourced from 67-72 OR any year van up to 95...
    MDVANMAN
    MDVANMAN

Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2019-05-11

Parts Interchangeability from Pickup truck to Van Empty Re: Parts Interchangeability from Pickup truck to Van

Post by MDVANMAN Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:25 am

Thanks Don! Ordered the stuff last night because it looked exactly the same in the picture... Now if only there was a catalog called LMC Van!
    AzDon
    AzDon

Number of posts : 742
    Registration date : 2014-01-20

Post by AzDon Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:52 pm

I've written to them and suggested just that..... I also suggested that they could just add a van of the same era to the cover and identify the parts that they already sell as fitting the vans.....
    I got a clueless condescending reply from an obviously junior customer service guy basically that they aren't interested in the extra sales that would be generated....
    Think about it though.....If finding parts was easy, restoring these vans could become too pricey as they became more popular....We are already running out of good sheetmetal.....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:45 pm