VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Trailblazer L6 in first or second jen van

popeye31
    popeye31

Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2012-12-04

Trailblazer L6 in first or second jen van Empty Trailblazer L6 in first or second jen van

Post by popeye31 Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:53 pm

Has anyone put a trailblazer L6 4200 in a first or second gen chevy van or started but have not finished . Im doing the trailblazer swap and would like to ask questions. dont mind being the first to do it but there is no better knowledge then someone that has done it.
    AzDon
    AzDon

Number of posts : 742
    Registration date : 2014-01-20

Trailblazer L6 in first or second jen van Empty Re: Trailblazer L6 in first or second jen van

Post by AzDon Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:08 pm

It can and has been done, but in stock form it is obese and ugly and I'm unaware of there being any aftermarket to help you make it happen....
    My family car is a 2006 Trailblazer and it runs very good, but the fuel mileage sucks (sub 18 mpg) and it's not very user friendly for DIY mechanics.....
    If I wanted to do a "modern era" swap, I'd choose an LS, but really a simple, old school 350/350 or 350/700r4 carbureted deal is the most reliable option...
    popeye31
    popeye31

Trailblazer L6 in first or second jen van Empty Re: Trailblazer L6 in first or second jen van

Post by popeye31 Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:17 pm

I've seen the atlas motor swapped in many vehicles just not a first or second gen van. There is plenty information on making it a stand alone like a LS. I'm waiting on my harness and pcm to come back. I was hoping someone had already done a van but I might be the first.
    AzDon
    AzDon

Number of posts : 742
    Registration date : 2014-01-20

Post by AzDon Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:06 pm

There was a very comprehensive build thread a couple of years ago on one of these forums where the builder built his own headers and intake and I'm recalling that it had extensive chassis and suspension work as well...
    It will run good.... way better than a 4.3 v6, but it will fill up the doghouse....

popeye31 likes this post

popeye31
    popeye31

Post by popeye31 Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:35 pm

I thought I saw a thread 3-5 years ago but cant remember what van site it was . As far as hot rod parts for these motors, not much out there but the engine does not need much to begin with . There is a guy running the stock motor with a tuner and a turbo pumping out 400 hp with stock intake and exhaust, stock cams. I will not need that much HP but im sure I can get this engine with my van to get at min 20mpg and the overdrive trans should make it cruise nicely on the interstate.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:59 pm