VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

61 EPup 5 Window - Poulsbo, WA - $7500 (SOLD)

nwguy
    nwguy

Number of posts : 80
    Registration date : 2017-04-16

61 EPup 5 Window - Poulsbo, WA - $7500 (SOLD) Empty 61 EPup 5 Window - Poulsbo, WA - $7500 (SOLD)

Post by nwguy Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:37 am

UPDATE: SOLD

Clean title. Part way through restoration. Mechanical work done. Very straight and no significant rust (was a California vehicle). Now ready for paint and interior. Got side tracked on other projects, now letting someone else complete this super cool truck. It's the 5-window version with the rear corner windows. I bought this from a guy in the San Francisco Bay area. Flew down and drove it home to Poulsbo. The seller told me that both the engine and transmission were recently rebuilt (a few thousand miles ago), and that the engine is a 200ci straight six from a Mustang. He claimed it has approx 130hp rather than the 80 or so hp that the original engine had. It does have plenty of power and runs beautifully. Starts right up every time. Three on the tree manual transmission. Lights, wipers, and heater all work. Has American Racing wheels. Tires have approx 90% tread on them. Newer 2 into 1 exhaust, sounds good. Unsure of actual mileage. Here's a link to a video of it running just before I drove it home from California (you can hear how the exhaust sounds):

http://nwguy.fun/econoline/econoline.mp4

Since buying it, I've done the following:

- Replaced front drum brakes with disc brake conversion kit
    - Replaced the original brake master cylinder with a new/modern one, with a remote fluid reservoir
    - Installed a rebuilt 9" rear end (much heavier duty than the original)
    - Had a new driveshaft built and installed it
    - Installed anti-sway bars front and rear
    - Had my mechanic rebuild the front steering with new kingpin bushings and tie rod end bushings
    - Installed a Pertronix electronic ignition
    - Installed a brand new gas tank and new fuel sending unit
    - Replaced the radiator with an oversized one
    - Rebuilt the rear brakes, with new drums
    - Replaced the emergency brake cables
    - Disassembled, cleaned, greased and reassembled all leaf springs with new bushings
    - Rebuilt and installed a newer heater, with new hoses

Additional parts include:

- Brand new set of Autometer gauges (speedo, fuel gauge, ammeter, oil pressure, water temperature)
    - Driver's side door with lock in good condition (the old driver's door had no lock)
    - Original seats ready to reupholster
    - 2 spare wheels and tires
    - Front bumper
    - Rear leaf springs
    - 2 drive shafts
    - Various suspension and brake parts
    - A heater

Since taking the pictures, I removed the gauges and seats in preparation for painting, so it's not running now.

Please call 206 898-9000 or email nwguy57@gmail.com (no texts).

Craigslist ad with more pictures here:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/d/poulsbo-1961-ford-econoline-pickup-truck/7286738026.html

61 EPup 5 Window - Poulsbo, WA - $7500 (SOLD) A0310
    61 EPup 5 Window - Poulsbo, WA - $7500 (SOLD) A0110
    61 EPup 5 Window - Poulsbo, WA - $7500 (SOLD) A0210

savage and dix like this post

dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8732
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

61 EPup 5 Window - Poulsbo, WA - $7500 (SOLD) Empty Re: 61 EPup 5 Window - Poulsbo, WA - $7500 (SOLD)

Post by dix Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:31 pm

looks great , nice E

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2018-02-20

61 EPup 5 Window - Poulsbo, WA - $7500 (SOLD) Empty Re: 61 EPup 5 Window - Poulsbo, WA - $7500 (SOLD)

Post by 1940willys Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:24 pm

Looks like a nice Van Pickup. I only see one picture? I like to view the undersides I'm from Western N.Y. where they salt the streets in the winter. you can guess what that does to the underside!Well the whole vehicle for that matter! I had a 64 Econoline Van in the 70's sorry I Sold It! I now have a 3rd generation. 1975 I bought new from the dealer! Seen two months of one winter when I was in a bad way and was in a JAM for a vehicle. Enjoy!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:08 am