VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Some pics of the Chicago G 10 in New York

Some pics of the Chicago G 10 in New York Empty Some pics of the Chicago G 10 in New York

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:30 am

Hey guys,

It's pretty much rained non-stop here for the month of June. So, since the van won't clear my garage I have to fiddle with it outside. Right now it's at a friends shop to have the brakes looked at. I'll get some interior shots when I get it back. Fairly solid in all the right spots. Of course, on my way over to his shop the linkage jambed up Mad ! (h-e-l-p) I hope the attached pics work. If not, I'll try again. Thanks Gents!

B
    [img]Some pics of the Chicago G 10 in New York Th_07ed3947[/img][img]Some pics of the Chicago G 10 in New York Th_1a42d45a[/img][img]Some pics of the Chicago G 10 in New York Th_d4060f4b[/img]
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Some pics of the Chicago G 10 in New York Empty Re: Some pics of the Chicago G 10 in New York

Post by DanTheVanMan Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:37 am

One word....... "Sweeeeeet!"

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Some pics of the Chicago G 10 in New York Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    BILLS66
    BILLS66

Number of posts : 1383
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Some pics of the Chicago G 10 in New York Empty Re: Some pics of the Chicago G 10 in New York

Post by BILLS66 Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:38 am

Looks Great good color. Bill

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:12 am

Thanks Guys. (looks who's talking) I'll keep ya posted.

B
    Donn
    Donn

Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Post by Donn Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:12 pm

Nice van!! I'm on LI which I think may sink soooooon.
    Say hi to Paul, Jr and Mikey
    wylee
    wylee

Number of posts : 917
    Registration date : 2009-04-03

Post by wylee Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:50 am

van looks great.., i might start looking ino snrokle kits for my rides. or maybe an ark.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:57 am

Yeah, I think this may be the first 24 hour period with out rain so far in June!!! Hey Wylee, I'm right down Rt 211, in Walden!! And hey Donn, another New Yorker I see. I actually see the OCC crew once in a while. (some people don't like them much, so I'm not bragging) However........I have a band and we played at Paul Srs house for his house warming party and a few times after that. There are pics of his house and garage w/classic cars and bikes on our website. www.hotrodband.com You'll have to poke around the site to find the link to that page. Thanks guys, hope to see you soon.

B
    Donn
    Donn

Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Post by Donn Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:53 am

That had to be cool playing there!!
    Funny thing I also play, been giging NY for 15 years. I am now doing an acoustic duet (www.myspace.com/jadedrockband) if you ever need an opening act. We could pull up in two earlies. That would be fun..

Post by Guest Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:57 am

Cool Don,

I'll check out your myspace. We occasionally get as far as NJ, CT or PA. If you're ever in the Hudson Valley say hi.

B

Post by Guest Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:39 am

Hey guys,

Looks like I'll be replacing ALL the brake parts on the 66 G 10. (leaky wheel cyl, shoes falling apart, old drums) Does anyone have a good (not too expensive) source for drums, shoes etc? Auto Zone wants $54. per drum. Import Auto parts is asking $35. per drum. Getting better. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks B

Post by Guest Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:16 am

Hey Boss, I'm almost finished doin all the brakes on my 64. I got all my brake parts from Advanced Auto Parts. The rear wheel cylinders were only 10 bucks, but the rears are like 33. I went on their site to get some part numbers for you when I noticed that the fronts for a 66 are only 15 bucks, but the rears are 45! This lead me to my next question, if the rear cylinders on a 64 are cheep, and so are the fronts on a 66, could you use that combinatation? Can brake parts be enterchanged between 64-66? Anaway, here are some links...

66 cylinders
    http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/partlist_Brake-Wheel-Cylinder_232_R%7CGRPBRHYAMS___
    66 shoes(Front)
    http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/partlist_Brake-Pads-Shoes---Front_219_R%7CGRPBRCOAMS___
    66 shoes(Back)
    http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/partlist_Brake-Pads-Shoes---Rear_220_R%7CGRPBRCOAMS___

Hope this helps,
    -Ryan

Post by Guest Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:51 am

Thanks Ryan,

I guess shopping around will bring the total down. Thanks again for the legwork.

B

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:24 am