VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

VanMergence - 67 Falcon Van Back in the shop

Murdock
    Murdock

Number of posts : 313
    Registration date : 2010-12-29

VanMergence - 67 Falcon Van Back in the shop Empty VanMergence - 67 Falcon Van Back in the shop

Post by Murdock Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:10 am

It has been quite a while and I am finally at a point to tear back into the Van and get to the unfinished things. A brief catch-up: Engine, front suspension, fuel tank, and brakes were all replaced. Front brakes updated to discs, 3 point seat belts installed.

The van has been in running/driving condition but has been in storage for a few years. I have started it up and driven it very seldom, just enough to keep anything from seizing up. I purchased a house last fall that has a decent size garage. I finally got the van out of storage and set up here to start tackling the remaining items, the largest being the body work. I just picked up a '91 AOD out of a mustang, Ill be swapping it in place of the C4 currently in there.

I made the first steps by stripping the old interior. It was a quick thrown together interior the PO did to get it down the road, it worked for a bit but I always knew it had to be pulled. I discovered more rust than I anticipated, the spots I am concerned with fixing are the roof supports. It will be covered by a headliner but I want to make a real fix.

I also have door hinge pins to deal with as my rear right door hinges are both broken . I have ordered some replacements but I am having a hard time getting the old ones out. I have been soaking them in PB blaster for a couple of days to no avail. I am going to apply some heat tomorrow and see where it leads me.

I decided I needed to dust off my welding chops so I took some old bed frames left behind and built a storage shelf for all of my parts. next will be some floor patching then moving on to the roof.

The 91 AOD i picked up I am going to drain it, clean the pan, and change the filter then cross my fingers. They gave me the cross member with it so i am going to try and use it for the swap.

VanMergence - 67 Falcon Van Back in the shop 67_eco23
    VanMergence - 67 Falcon Van Back in the shop 67_eco22
    VanMergence - 67 Falcon Van Back in the shop 67_eco16
    VanMergence - 67 Falcon Van Back in the shop 67_eco15
    VanMergence - 67 Falcon Van Back in the shop 67_eco18

VanMergence - 67 Falcon Van Back in the shop Shelf_11

Last edited by Murdock on Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total

savage likes this post

donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12218
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

VanMergence - 67 Falcon Van Back in the shop Empty Re: VanMergence - 67 Falcon Van Back in the shop

Post by donivan65 Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:16 pm

If you choose 640 px width,  they will fit on the page,,,,

VanMergence - 67 Falcon Van Back in the shop 67_eco10

Murdock likes this post

bubbafrye
    bubbafrye

Number of posts : 60
    Registration date : 2011-11-05

VanMergence - 67 Falcon Van Back in the shop Empty Re: VanMergence - 67 Falcon Van Back in the shop

Post by bubbafrye Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:32 am

Hey @Murdock. I just pulled my '67 falcon out of purgatory last week. Also moving into a new house with a garage next month. I'm interested in how your interior work progresses. I've got a bit of rust up on my my roof rails as well that I'll be tackling once I get settled in the new place.

If you're still in the Seattle area, I hope we cross paths!
    chrlsful
    chrlsful

Number of posts : 181
    Registration date : 2014-04-22

Post by chrlsful Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:28 pm

jelious of that AOD, esp w/tq 'verter (hope its the right 1) & nice braided lines/cooler. U hit the big time.
    Surprised
    Careful w/the bed frame. It is a treated metal (I chewed up automatic hack saw blades'n had other troubles w/'free' metal). o0OH, I now C U R experienced (the shelving) I missed on 1st look.

4 da h.pins I usually remove the hinge and do bench wrk w/them. I first spray the whole w/rattle can to mark location B4 removal. I get them back on aligned by the paint better than my old method (just remove'n come back to lots of adjustments/shims/cursing/etc).

bubbafrye likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:43 pm